Dizzy Pig Pineapple head and other salty seasonings on brisket?

mikeyd

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Ok guys need your help for a mix I've never used on brisket. I have some Traeger Beef shake and Dizzy Pig pijeapple head. Thinking of putting both on a small 6lb-8lb brisket.

Give me some honest opinion?

I was going for the salty/sweet taste?? Thats all i'm putting on it.

Thanks

Mike

If you want salty/sweet then I assume they would work, however I've never tasted those rubs before. Personally I would put the Dizzy Pig rub on the last hour or 2 of your cook that way you can still taste the sweet before the sugars get all caramelized.

Personally, I would put salt and pepper on a brisket (not really, I would add granulated garlic, onion and a tiny amount of sugar). I would not use the Pineapple Head on brisket. But, that is my taste. I think of it more as a chicken, pork, seafood rub.

Pineapple Head is great on grilled fruit. It is definitely sweet if that is what you're after. I think I'd try that experiment on a smaller cut of beef or a piece of that brisket before going all-in with that. Haven't tried the Traeger rub so I can't really comment on that one.

I've only used the Pineapple on chicken or pork not my briskets as I'm a more traditionalist on brisket seasoning but I'd assume it'd go ok. IIRC there's some cinnamon to it so not sure how that'd go w/ beef. I'm a mad scientist experimenter myself so have at it as there's no harm in seeing how it does taste.

Back