Turkey Question... go figure

AZPete

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
For those of you who are planning on smoking your turkey(s) on Wed. then re-heating them on Thursday how do you plan on keeping the turkey moist in the fridge? I was going to transfer the cooked birds into individual pans and coat with an apple juice/clarified butter mixture then wrap with foil. I will be injecting (unfortunately, I don't have the space to brine them) and rubbing the birds tonight.

By cooking a day early should I pull the birds at 155-degrees in the boob, rest, and then prep for the fridge?

I wish I had time to cook on Thurs. morning but circumstances prohibit...

Thanks all.

Sounds like a plan.. If presentation is not an issue for you, I would pull it at 140-145 in the breast and let it rest, then cool it down as quick as u can. When you reheat, remove the legs and thighs and reheat the parts seperatly. Reheat the breast to 120-130 and bring the thighs to 175. If presentation is important, your approach sounds fine, except i would bring it to 140 in the brest. 155 would be a litle dry for the white meat. I prefer to keep brest temps at the 140 range and then bring the dark meat up seperatly.

Back