MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:49 AM   #1
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Hatch Green Chile - Handle

Only put up about 10-12# of fresh roasted Green Chile this year. However after reading reviews online and various New Mexico cooking sites I abought 4-5 handles of chopped green chile. Young Gun's various scoville rating's, some red sauce. Nothing best's the taste of fresh fire roasted green chiles, but this is pretty dang good. Surprisingly good. Shelf life is quite long unopened, couple weeks in fridge after opening. So I'm using the ice cube tray hack to freeze and store after opening. These are mild, but have a great flavor and actually minor amount of perceptible heat. Next tray I'm going to blend, medium and mild.
MSU before sunup on the high Plains.

*"*"* 505 Green Chile is often at Sam's - Costco places like that in big jars. Ice cube hack works with 505 too

Last edited by 16Adams; 01-08-2023 at 05:47 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2022, 06:55 AM   #2
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

I have seen the 505 at Costco but, was not sure how good it would be. Now I know it's safe to get. Thanks!

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-12-2022, 09:13 AM   #3
SMOKE FREAK
Babbling Farker

I saw that in stores last year but passed on it because I had chilies rollin out my...ears...

This year I don't and now I see it nowhere.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-12-2022, 10:57 AM   #4
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

I have never seen that Would love to find it
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2022, 01:27 PM   #5
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzadski View Post
I have seen the 505 at Costco but, was not sure how good it would be. Now I know it's safe to get. Thanks!
505 is excellent on pretty much anything

Edit to add: Let me know the price at Costco. It's getting more expensive on Amazon. Less expensive 505 might give me a reason to renew my Costco membership.

Last edited by food4thot; 11-12-2022 at 01:36 PM..
food4thot is offline   Reply With Quote