• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Christmas Ham bonanza Day 2 **Pr0n0graphic

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As I said guys... this was a VERY busy season for me. Here's the second all nighter batch of hams I did for a client.

This was about 75lbs of big half leg hams. After a quick soak I put them on the smoker with some lychee and logwood to smoke a bit.
76fbe847.jpg

ffb7de7d.jpg

70244ee7.jpg

After a couple hours they hit 120 and the color on them were nothing short of amazing! I took them off the smoke and peeled the skin off and glazed some with mustard and spiced sugar and others with s black pepper & brown sugar mixture:
8ae22b9b.jpg

Here's the brown sugar ham:
3edfb1e4.jpg

and here's the process for the black pepper and sugar ham! (I fell head over heels for these BTW):
19f4f071.jpg

Peeled off the skin:
ace87241.jpg

Slathered:
d5c527b6.jpg

and coated liberally:
77eb4c86.jpg

After glazing they went back on the smoker for some more heat and smoke.
147740e4.jpg

The glaze came out perfect!!! It was a dry glaze that almost became a hard sugar shell around the ham when it was finished. The sugar would not shake off and you could pretty much crack it with a good tap of the finger.
d4f463a7.jpg

6336e0dc.jpg

878c7f72.jpg

Another all nighter with a smoke and a drink in front of the smoker with my friend that was helping me out. Made the hours go by a bit easier during down time!:
ba6e0cc0.jpg

They looked amazing when they came off:
4e987960.jpg

09136ace.jpg

00a64a92.jpg

f5d8d589.jpg

1a67f8c7.jpg

Was almost a shame that they were ordered to be sliced! :shocked: They were too pretty! I did cut those suckers up the next day after a good rest though: :twisted:
9c0ceca1.jpg

e99dd4b7.jpg

7392c897.jpg

And that was that for the second day of my Christmas smoking bonanza! :thumb: Getting tired now but the work continues! Have another thread on the way for the next installment!

Thanks for looking guys!
Cheers

Here are the other 3 threads for the rest of my 2011 Christmas Smokefest if you're interested! :Thumb:
Day 1
Day 3
Day 4

Yesterday your pit was still moldy and look at you now...using it if there was no tomorrow left.:becky:

:heh: Yeah Phu! Got quite a bit of use outta her this week! She did well! :thumb:

I bet I can guess who did not get any sleep over the holiday.
Fabulous Phrasty, great job.

Absolutely none!!! Still trying to recover! :heh: It's like the older I get the longer the recovery process! :doh::heh:

Cheers

I looked at all your post of the Christmas smoke. Im in awe. Im not sure whom got the better work out, you or your pit!!!

I looked at all your post of the Christmas smoke. Im in awe. Im not sure whom got the better work out, you or your pit!!!

Think we both got a good workout! The pit just handled it better than I did... :heh::heh::heh:

Back