• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken PrOn

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Some chicken that i did today. Start off with some yardbird rub on the meat then coat with some olive oil and yardbird. Sear over coals and then move to the side and let cook for about an hour.. Pulls right apart.. No sauce for me!!

Last edited:
That looks great from here. The leg quarters are definitely my favorites :)

Agree, most definitely the most flavorful part of the bird.You did awesome!!

brickie

That looks really good. Do you do the olive oil and rub right before you sear, or do you let it sit for a while before putting it on the grill?

The legquarter is my favorite piece of the bird too .I've got a local butcher shop that sells them for .99 cents a pound. NO BRAINER!! To answer Phillee: This is what i do. Start the charcoal chimney then go in and prep the chicken with the olive oil and rub , dump the charcoal wait a few minutes for the grill to heat up then start searin.

Nice work!

I'm curious, if you are pulling the chicken, what difference does searing it make? If it is noticeable, I'm gonna start doing that!

Not really pulling the meat. Just meant the leg bone pulls out easy. As far as searin, probly dont have to but i like the grill mark look. Call me kooky :)

Back