• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Branfels offset Smoker Restoration with Pics!

I did that to my old black diamond a couple years back. Didn't look as good as yours though because I just modified it instead of cleaned it up but eventually I got it to maintain within 50 degrees across the cook chamber. They are great little units to learn on and I still use mine from time to time, especially when cooking a small meal because firing up the Klose for a couple slabs or a single brisket is SERIOUS overkill LOL.

Hey, glad you found my post helpful. I didn't use sand paper on this project. Most everything was done with a drill and wire brush attachment. If I had an angle grinder I would have used that instead. I also used just a plain old wire brush at times. The rust gets fairly built up on these things and requires a bit more than just sand paper. Let me know if I can be answer any other questions.

Sorry I haven't posted back on here in quite some time. I Received the convection plate shortly after completing the project. I have to say that it does help regulate the temperature across the cooking chamber fairly well. There is still a cold and hot end but the temperature difference is much less dramatic than it was before.

Over the last year I have fine tuned my cooking process and have the smoker nailed down pretty well. I picked up another identical smoker as well. Had only been cooked on twice in over 10 years. Haven't made as many mod's as my first one, but plan on getting it up to par soon. I'll post pics when i start the process.

Back