Addicted to BBQ?

SmokingJo

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Question: "Why do you need another kettle? You have 4 bbq!"

Answer: ehm....because this...ehm...better (...nonsense...)

And more, today bought 70 lb of lump charcoal.

Am I addicted to bbq?

You don't know addicted! Haha when your Komodo is still hot from the night before, now that's awesome!

The wifey says I have "OCBBQD" obsessive compulsive BBQ disorder.
She is also a doctor. What are the odds! :decision:
My answer was "whatever, c'mon!
Her answer "no seriously"
My answer ":blah:"
I'm picking up 5 bags of wicked good today from ace. That oughta piss her off real good!

There is a big difference in an addiction and having a well prepared arsenal.

So now it is a crime to be ready??????

YES YES YOU ARE!! :mrgreen: I think we ALL ARE!! :biggrin1: Better safe than sorry!

Tell her that you are right and that you have an addiction, and you will not bbq for a year. Let see how she reacts to not getting awesome home made bbq for a year. That will show her!

You have enough when the gremlins stealing all your cookers don't have enough room to take the last one.

Question: "Why do you need another kettle? You have 4 bbq!"

Answer: ehm....because this...ehm...better (...nonsense...)

And more, today bought 70 lb of lump charcoal.

Am I addicted to bbq?

I don't think you are asking the right people. Look at our signatures.

I have always heard that the art of deflection works best.

Explain to her that you know others with a worse disorder...Multi-addiction.

In my case it is developing through racing and now BBQ. My wife already refers to the racecar as "the other woman." This week she has frequently caught me reading the UDS build thread and sadly I am only on page 122 with about ten more days to go!

Only 70lbs of lump? That ain't much brother. The last time I bought some lump it was about 450lbs. It's nice to be able to pull up to a place that carries good stuff and buy by the pallet (that was only half, the other half went to a coworker).

I'm about ready to cook on something other than my pellet grill, I tell you whut.

you are wise. the way the world is today i have always stored one years worth of food and charcoal away for a bad time.

i agree you can never have enough of a good thing

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

There are much worse things you can be injecting, rubbing, and smoking.

Back