Thank you KCBS staff. A banquet well done

Bunny

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I cannot beleive the complaints on the other forum about the banquet. I thought it was well done and a TON of work went into it. Give credit where credit is due. Thanks to Kelly Cain, Dawn, Sybilla, Kay, Karen, Carolyn and any other person I missed. Rich and I had a wonderful time and looking forward to next year no matter where it is. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

You are 100 percent correct Bunny. They did a GREAT job :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Any event involving that many people will have a few problems
I enjoyed the meeting, well there was one thing I would change :)

They did do an awesome job and I know I thankedvthem all. Still doesn't hide the fact that there were some problems for some folks. Honestly, I didn't even know about it until reading it on the forum. Folks paid $55 and didn't get the meal that I got to enjoy. I do know how they felt, because it happened to me at Philly.

The KCBS Staff did a GREAT JOB!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

We were one of the many tables that did not get all of our meal... By the time we got to the line, about 2/3's of the way through the serving, there was no beef at the carving station and they were about to replace the almost empty pans of cheese potatoes with mashed. Eventually they did put out a pan of Italian Beef, but for me it was just to late.:mad:

We were also at one of the tables last year that got no food because we passed up the stuff (boiled ribs and fried chicken) that the hotel stole from a wedding next door after they ran out of the food that was cooked for us. :doh:

Please, this is not a reflection of the KCBS staff. I have no doubts that they gave the hotel a good count. Just as I'm sure that they told them of the MAJOR problems that we had last year. This is all on the hotel and no one else.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

The interesting thing about this is that the hotel "supposedly" planned on enough food for 500 when they were only serving 350 so thought that they had enough food. Wrong again. I told the lady who told me this (who might have been 100 lbs. soaking wet) that these are not ordinary people. When you are serving, you must consider who you're serving. Women and children eat less. This was predominately large men that have not seen their belt buckle for decades and eat lots. Evidently this message got to someone, but that someone still did not realize the correct ammounts or did not understand portion control. Those of you who cater know this all too well. Your livelyhood depends on it. Why this problem happened 2 years in a row really looks bad for an organization that claims to be all that but is not.

I have been to may buffet dinners and never, I repeat NEVER had them run out of food. So why is this happening to an organization that is all about food? Am I missing something here?? This makes the KCBS look bad! Do they not get this???:rolleyes:

And for $55.00???? Are you freaking kidding me????? Hell, for 55 a head I could put on one hell of great buffet. I just don't get it.:tsk:

Why this problem happened 2 years in a row really looks bad for an organization that claims to be all that but is not.

I have been to may buffet dinners and never, I repeat NEVER had them run out of food. So why is this happening to an organization that is all about food? Am I missing something here?? This makes the KCBS look bad! Do they not get this???:rolleyes:

And for $55.00???? Are you freaking kidding me????? Hell, for 55 a head I could put on one hell of great buffet. I just don't get it.:tsk:

This. It happens one year and "It was the hotel" is plausible. The same problem 2 years in a row in different hotels and different cities? Something else is happening and it's more than "people are overeating" I'd be really curious to see that contract (and last years)

I spoke with a member of the BOD on Sunday and they were truly and completely shocked. They had not been told that it had happened again.

It is my understanding that they (the BOD) explained the problems that occurred in Philadelphia to the catering staff. They explained that it was critical that this never happen again. I guess no one was listening…

This is why I did not go to the dinner. I had a very nice platter of ribs, brisket, and ham, and a insane ammount of frys for about 12 bucks from Gates. It was so much food that I couldn't finish it and ended up having it as a snack later that evening.

Now to be fair, buffets are notoriously bad IMHO, and same is true of large catered dinners. Rubber chicken is the norm. :icon_sick

Still, you can't run out of food, esp. 2 years in a row. :tsk:

Now to be fair, buffets are notoriously bad IMHO, and same is true of large catered dinners. Rubber chicken is the norm. :icon_sick

Still, you can't run out of food, esp. 2 years in a row. :tsk:
The banquet is in Vegas next year, they should just rent a meeting room at the Bellagio, give everyone a VIP ticket to the buffet and rope off an area in the dining room. Problem solved.

The banquet is in Vegas next year, they should just rent a meeting room at the Bellagio, give everyone a VIP ticket to the buffet and rope off an area in the dining room. Problem solved.

I didn't think a decision had been made.

Mr Potter for the BoD
"You will never get fed at the annual meeting"

Just trying to bring the hijack full circle

Attachments

• 150px-Henry_Potter.jpg
    150px-Henry_Potter.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 45
Back