SmACk TaWK 2009 Jack Daniels Invitational Predictions

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
OK ... lets hear from ya - WHOz GoNNa lEaVE LYNcHBUrG a TOp?

I vote The Pickled Pig but if I have to vote for a team that I will not be wearing team colors of this weekend I'll go with Smokey D's.

What a fun idea!

Boy this is tough there are soo many teams to pick from it can make your head spin. :shock: Really anyone there could make a go for it. I think Rod is due for a win at a major contest. Clone would be my second pick. Rhythm n' Que would also be up there for me.

Overall, I could pick at least 50 of them to win it all though.

First off, congratulations to ALL the teams that are participating this weekend!!!!!

I have a particular favorite..... :wink:

can I have 2 picks?

1st. Lo N' Slo outa Jersey

2nd to take it 3 Eyez outa MD..

my sleeper........R2BQ.......just saying!

Look for the name Extreme Roasters in there!
How many teams are there??

Scott

This is tough, because I have a lot of friends there cooking...

I was supposed to be there with CancerSucks, and Scottie and his foundation are a cause I support. It would be cool to see the magic strike again!

If I'm picking....It's a Yankee. I thought they were due this year at the Royal. They've been close at the Royal and the Jack before. They cook so well consistently, that I think they are due. I Smell Smoke!! is my pick.

I have to agree that ISS is a great contender for this. Good luck, Steve.

Not to flame anyone, but I think it will be a team from the Brethern. More specifically from the midwest. I think Rodney Gray or Butcher BBQ. If only Plowboy and Andy were in this year, it would be an easy decision. They both have had spectacular years

So many good teams. I am going to predict it will be won with pellets.

If I was bettin' I'd go with Iowa's Smokey D's. But I'm rootin for my local buds. The quiet:shock:, bashful:roll:, almost surreal:lol: Shigs & Pit.

Not to flame anyone, but I think it will be a team from the Brethern. More specifically from the midwest. I think Rodney Gray or Butcher BBQ. If only Plowboy and Andy were in this year, it would be an easy decision. They both have had spectacular years

I was going to say the same thing.

Also, I think a wild-card thing about the Jack is having to turn-in white meat for chicken turn-ins. You have to be able to cook a mean breast or whatever. It is hard to know what teams are good at or will hit it on turn-in day.

On another forum they had posted a few weeks ago the actual Vegas odds for teams going to the Jack and winning it. If someone recalls and can dig it up, it would be an interesting addition to the discussion.

Last edited:
I found this on someone's blog as the actual Vegas odds for the contest: (not sure of the accuracy)

3 - 1
Bubba Q
Munchin Hogs
Cool Smoke
Iowas Smokey D's
Dr. Pokenstein
Home BBQ

4 - 1
4 Legs Up
Four Men and a Pig
Pellet Envy
Swamp Boys
I Smell Smoke

5 - 1
Cancer Sucks Chicago
Parrothead Smokers
Ulcer Acres/Twyford
Bare Bones BBQ
Jacks Old South

7 - 1
Blazen BBQ
Rhythm and Que
Wild Bunch Burners
Quau
The Heat is On

25 - 1
The Rest of the Field

Last edited:
I'd go with Rhythm and Que (Grand) with Smokey D's pushing hard. Honarable mention would go to Munchin Hogs.

Hard decision. Looking at people around here and not knowing the entire country I am going to have say that I Smell Smoke, Ique, or 3eyz will take it home.

I can't pick just one:wink:

But I would bet Jack goes home with one of these 3

Iowa's Smokey D's
Pellet Envy
Butcher BBQ

Back