Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Cornelia Apple Blossom BBQ Festival 4-18,19

We will be there- glad to be cooking closer to home after Lakeland and Bainbridge.

We'll be there, and we can't wait to do this contest again! This was our first contests last year (as a BY team), and we've made a team decision to make it an annual event. Heather puts on a fantastic contests for the teams :).

Last edited:
This one has become a consideration for us if we can't get a confirmation from a slightly closer one.

Though we will be cutting back this year a little we will definitely be at Cornelia! Hoping to get setup next to Lebowski :clap2:.

This will be my first time at Cornelia, can one of y'all who have been there before tell me a little bit about the setup? Are we on asphalt or grass? Can I leave my truck at our cook site? Thanks for the info! Can't wait for to see y'all there!

The Pig Lebowski will all up in Cornelia

Craft BBQ: It is 100% asphalt. Depending on the size of spot you reserved, you may be in a parking lot or along the street (it's in downtown Cornelia..."the big city"..if you will). It is on a moderately active train line, so plan accordingly.

The Pig Lebowski will all up in Cornelia

Craft BBQ: It is 100% asphalt. Depending on the size of spot you reserved, you may be in a parking lot or along the street (it's in downtown Cornelia..."the big city"..if you will). It is on a moderately active train line, so plan accordingly.

^+1 :)

The train will interrupt your sleep...be prepared. In MOST sites there isn't enough room for your vehicle right there, unless you paid for the larger site. There is plenty of parking nearby for your vehicle though and we were able to get in and out of that parking area during the festival with no problem last year.

Also, be prepared for the random GA spring weather :). We had a flood in our tent (as did many others) last year and the temperature dropped drastically that night so sleeping was changed last minute for our team...just keep that in mind and watch the weather as it gets closer.

Can't wait to meet you!

I will be at Cornelia cooking in the backyard competition. First time cooking in a competition and I'm pretty nervous about it.

Big D's Tarheel BBQ

I will be at Cornelia cooking in the backyard competition. First time cooking in a competition and I'm pretty nervous about it.

Big D's Tarheel BBQ

Stop by and say hello and ask questions. We were in your shoes not long ago as we just started cooking at the end of August.

Randy

I just may do that. I think right now my biggest fear is forgetting something major at home haha. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to compete in the pro division.

Big D, we will stop by and say hello and will be glad to help in any way. The BBQ community is a helpful bunch so don't be afraid to ask questions. If you forget something, just ask around. I'm sure someone will have what you need and will be glad to help you.

Allen

Big D, we will stop by and say hello and will be glad to help in any way. The BBQ community is a helpful bunch so don't be afraid to ask questions. If you forget something, just ask around. I'm sure someone will have what you need and will be glad to help you.

Allen

Back