Adam Perry Lang Serious BBQ republished

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was browing through some sites and I saw that Adam Perry Lang's 1st cookbook Serious BBQ is being republished.

The 1st edition is for sale on amazon for $240 bucks. The 2nd edition is going to be releasing August 12th for $28.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Barbecue-Smoke-Outdoor-Cooking/dp/0986042501/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375911912&sr=8-4&keywords=adam+perry+lang"]Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste & Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking.: Adam K. Perry Lang, JJ Goode, Amy Vogler: 9780986042508: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

He's doing a very cool promotion for it!

Luckily a few of us have been able to check it out. Hoping to get over there tomorrow - but then again I was hoping to get over there yesterday and today :tsk:. He's got the books on site there.

I saw your post about his pop up. I have wanted to get his book for a while, but it just wasn't worth the money they were asking. I definitely jumped on the 2nd edition though. I have heard very good things about the book!

I am definitely jealous you got to eat his short ribs and have a chance to go to his event for the book.

I haven't cooked out of any book for a while, but this weekend I did the hatch chile chicken and the honey glazed chicken out of his book and both were very good. I've done a few other things out of there in the past and I've been really happy with how everything turned out. There's a pounded lamb chop thingee that's fanfarkingtastic in there.

I can't wait to get the book. I have been doing regular bbq for a few months now and want to try something different.

This book just arrived in the mail. I haven't tried any recipes yet, but some of the ingredients seem like a good idea. Things like grated apples to finish a sauce.

His whole hog spit roast recipe calls for wrapping the whole thing in plastic wrap after a few hours and injecting water between the wrap and skin. Interesting idea. I never thought about using the crutch on a spit.

It's worth $28.

Just ordered on Amazon. Thanks for the heads up..been wanting this for a while

I did the short rib recipe out of it last weekend and it came out crazy good. :thumb:

I did the short rib recipe out of it last weekend and it came out crazy good. :thumb:

Nice! I should of gotten to the beef section before I did the dino bones on saturday. But it has been a really busy week and I didn't get to it.

I have a feeling in the next few weeks I will be getting more dino bones and doing the shorties APL has in his book!

Back