BBQ Brethren "Fusion" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[SIZE=+2]Our new SPECIAL TD Category is...

"Fusion!"

[SIZE=+2]
Fusion1_zpsa7f848a9.jpg
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
What the heck is THAT? I think this is going to cause some con-fusion!
:laugh:
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
As chosen by
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]beercuer, for his glorious and unprecedented victory in the "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown!

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING:

beercuer said:
Something that is becoming more and more popular in contemporary cuisine is the idea of "Fusion" cooking, of blending two or more international or regional cuisines together in one meal. So for example, if Chinese tacos, or pulled pork Stroganoff, or smoked bullfrog l'orange floats your boat-- go for it! Be as bold and creative as you want, just make sure it's obvious which nationalities or regions (even if both are within same nation) you are presenting. Hope this will be fun for everyone!

Did somebody say tacos? :mrgreen:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/29 through Sunday 4/7.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/8.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...[FONT=&quot]

Please note that THIS is the entry thread.
QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread.

[/FONT]Discussion Thread is HERE.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Great idea! Actually, that's the category that I came very,very close to choosing for this week's throwdown-great minds think alike. :biggrin1: :tea:

Actually there are some very interesting possibilities with this category. I think we may see some very inspired creativity in this one.

Judging from the pic picked for the OP, does it have to be Nouveau Cuisine too? Is this a hidden special rule? Serious question as the Moose picked the pic.

Fusion1_zpsa7f848a9.jpg

Last edited:
Judging from the pic picked for the OP, does it have to be Nouveau Cuisine too? Is this a hidden special rule? Serious question as the Moose picked the pic.

I don't think anywhere in the OP quote stated it has to be fancy or Nouveau, although I'm sure that some may attempt to go that route. Just two or more distinct cuisines combined will do. :thumb:

Great idea! Actually, that's the category that I came very,very close to choosing for this week's throwdown-great minds think alike. :biggrin1: :tea:

You're not kidding my Carolina friend!-- And as a matter of fact, I would have called for a "South of the Border" challenge had you not already done so!

Last edited:
Oh, and don't forget the accompanying mixed libations everyone-- like say Mexican tequila with German schnapps and Aussie beer chasers.:tumbleweed::spit:

After a few shot of Vitamin J Fosters might actually taste good...:shock:

After a few shot of Vitamin J Fosters might actually taste good...:shock:

Bluesman, may I ask what kind of Vitamin J we' re talking?--I Googled it and came up with a few definitions, so I'm kinda lost here.

I believe he was referencing the aforementioned JaeggerMeister.

Back