MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

Default ****HickoryJ

total noob to comps. looking to get my feet wet and help out in any way with a team competing in ohio, eastern indiana, southern michigan. would love to experience it from load in to load out. also have a buddy who will eventually be competing with me. if there is room and u dont think it would be too much of an inconvenience...id like for him to get some experience as well. if not, screw him lol. i'll catch him up. thanks brothers

jason

Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Big Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

The only comp left this year in this area is next weekend in Nelsonville, OH. After that, you are looking at mid May or the first of June before the next one in this area. I'm not cooking Nelsonville or I would be more than happy to have you. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to give me a shout.

Big Mike
Eagle River Barbecue
Yoder YS640
Stumps Platinum 5 Trailer
Members Mark 8 Burner Gasser
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

Yeah i know. I was gonna get certified to judge this summer but the stars never aligned. I was gonna go down there for the weekend to judge. Besides thats hocking hills region and that my home away from home. Would have been a great weekend.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

Will be a good weekend and alot of teams down there would not mind mentoring someone....you need to stop in and check out whats going on because it costs a team alot of money to compete esp if you are starting out.
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

roger, u saying if i can make it down u'll mentor?