My wife did the unthinkable Sunday night!

Nothing better than a Sunday morning brisket sammich with Duke's mayo and a couple of eggs cooked over-easy on the sammich! A messy feast!

Just had a brisky sammich today for lunch (2 actually...) Pilled high with brisket, smothered in sweet baby rays and several slices of fresh avacado. Freaking amazing!

My GF apparently took the same thing to work (costco bag of avacados this weekend and costco flat...) and felt the need to text a picture of her sammich with "I am seriously so lucky to have you"

Last edited:
No big deal for me, once I cook it people can eat it how ever they want. We don't have any bbq eating rules around here.

Add a little horesradish to that mayo and a slice of smoked provolone or pepperjack cheese and maybe even a little arugula and pickled red onion to cut the richness and you've got yourself one of the finest sandwiches man can make.

I'm not that big a fan of mayo, so I can see how adding some brisket would make it taste better. :thumb:

I dont know bout this one. haha. To me, my wife has done something simular.. miracle whip on a un-grilled cheese sandwhich. that made me be like WTF??

But she liked it. so i was coo with it. I would never do it though

So this weekend was her bday and I planned a surprise bday party and smoked ribs and a brisket. I fed everyone with the flat and kept the point for us. We had a lot of leftover sides and such so we decided earlier in the day that everyone was on their own for dinner. The rub I put together ended up being pretty spicy and my wife is a weenie when it comes to heat. So when she was in the kitchen warming up leftovers I told her that I had gotten her some sweet bbq sauce and it's in the door of the fridge. This is when she did the unthinkable. She replied back, oh it's ok, I made a sandwich with the brisket and I've already put mayonnaise on it. I was like WTH!!! You did what to my brisket? She said, oh was I not supposed to do that? In my house, I taught my kids to be BBQ purists. we eat brisket with our hands and we sure don't use sauce or put it on bread. My wife uses a fork and puts damn mayo on a brisket sandwich! I need to get her help.
My wife did the unthinkable Sunday night!
However, it was far different to what you're wife did. :hand:
:tape:

Crockpot brisket is my favirote.

I little bit of liqued smoke smotherd in maynaise and pickles.
Put between two slices of onion bread. There is nothing like it!!

Brisket Salad.

It's like chicken salad, only brisket.

I just had that last week! And if I have em on hand I add a handful of Fritos. Call that weird if you want but it adds an interesting flavor and texture : ) Usually I reserve the Fritos to crumble and add to tuna salad.

I dont know bout this one. haha. To me, my wife has done something simular.. miracle whip on a un-grilled cheese sandwhich. that made me be like WTF??

But she liked it. so i was coo with it. I would never do it though

My mom made these for us when we were kids. That and also fried potato sandwiches. To the potato sandwich I always added mustard and Tobasco. I still have to make both of these sandwiches at least once a year.

Back