Do you like pizza?

veryolddog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoy pizza. However, where we live, there are only franchises that produce the standard pizza fare. There are really no small "pizza parlors" where you can get a nice tasty pizza.

I have been trying for a while to figure out how to make a pizza on the Weber Kettle. While browsing the Internet, I found Kettlepizza's website and subsequently purchased their basic product via Amazon and also a 16 inch pizza stone.

Here is a video of "how to" set up and the results.

Thanks for looking,

Ed

[ame]http://youtu.be/IjvjTnMXEV4[/ame]

Hi Billy,

I was just invited and decided to register to see how this will go. Good to know that friends are around.

Ed

cool lil product!

Does Weber have some sort of guarantee against warping at these temps?

There are a few guys on here with the Kettle Pizza add on, Ed, so you may be able to compare notes.

BTW, Welocme to the Brethren!

I really do not know.

I have made several pizzas since this video was made and I have not noticed any change in the Weber at all. This is not to say over time that the charcoal rack might have to be replaced.

One thing that I did notice and observe: I think that I either could use smaller pieces of wood or one single large piece of wood to get my temperature to the 700 degree point. Generally, my wife and I will only eat one pizza. The wood that I have been placing into the kettle is enough for 3 to 4 14 inch pizzas.

When you are not using the Kettlepizza attachment to cook pizzas, you can use the attachment to cook other things. For example an additional grill for the 22.5 can be placed on top of the Kettlepizza attachment in addition to the grill for making pizza. What this does is it allows me to cook chicken on the lower grill, or some other meat and perhaps a vegetable like corn on the upper grill below the dome lid.

Good question.

Ed

I had my Kettle with a floor and dome temp in the 800-850 range using the Kettle Pizza new flat dome from Baking Steel (they actually have a modified design since I bought the first) and the ProGrate.

Last edited:
Nice video, Ed. :thumb: Contractors are so rude. Working while you are making a cooking video, geez. :rolleyes: :becky:

These things just look cool. Here's a little tip, save some brisket from your next cook to use it as the meat on a pizza. It's good.

Back