Favorite holiday food?

stuffing by a long shot

Absolutely this. We're in Ohio, so it's never cornbread; always white bread (although I love both).

Savory stuffing with loads of aromatics and butter. When I do it, it's dressing, with a healthy amount of chopped scrap turkey and homemade turkey stock mixed in. Grandma still makes it old school in the bird. I love both.

I think mine is my mom's stuffing and the cheesy spaghetti corn casserole that she makes.

A close 3rd place is a leftover turkey sandwich on cheap white bread with mayo and a little salt and pepper

Your #3 is my #1.:thumb:

I think mine is my mom's stuffing and the cheesy spaghetti corn casserole that she makes.

A close 3rd place is a leftover turkey sandwich on cheap white bread with mayo and a little salt and pepper

That casserole is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I'll have to try that soon.

I'd rather have stovetop stuffing than the stuffing/dressing we are served at Thanksgiving. It's some family recipe that her sister makes every year, and they all go crazy for it. To me, it's just mushy bread with sage.

I don't know that I have a favorite dish. I enjoy the entire family together for dinner, but we do that for any holiday/birthday/someone gets a hangnail. My absolute favorite day of the entire year is Thanksgiving Eve. We go to my sister in laws to "help" her finish dinner prep. Mostly, I drink bourbon and get to help a little in the kitchen. Last year I managed to get her husband drunk enough, that he forgot to put his turkey in the smoker. Not sure how I'll top that this year..

I just don’t like dressing, stuffing ..whatever you wanna call it
I’ve had cornbread, white bread and even sausage and apple stuffing....
It just doesn’t do it for me...

I do however eat my weight in turkey sandwiches, so much so that when we go to someone else house for thanksgiving, I’m cooking a turkey the next day just so I can have sandwiches

I just don’t like dressing, stuffing ..whatever you wanna call it
I’ve had cornbread, white bread and even sausage and apple stuffing....
It just doesn’t do it for me...

I do however eat my weight in turkey sandwiches, so much so that when we go to someone else house for thanksgiving, I’m cooking a turkey the next day just so I can have sandwiches
Dressing/stuffing hate has puzzled me for years. None of my kids like it and the youngest just turned 24.

Leftover turkey sandwiches are manna from heaven! Especially with Mayo, bacon, and black pepper on a ciabatta bun.

Pumpkin. Farking. Pie!

Topped with a big spray of full-fat whipped cream. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm my mouth is already waterin in anticipation. Hurry up Thanksgiving!

Dressing with cranberry sauce and gravy, and my mom's tamales. Look forward to these 2 items every year

Back