Leftover Preservation

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
What do you all do to preserve the leftover dishes. Foodsaver, foil, baggies, etc. And for how long are you confortable either freezing or in the frig? Just interested in keeping good Q as long as possible. Thanks everyone!

We divide the leftovers up between all the families, no matter who cooked what...

I store mine in ziplock bags and consume it before it gooes bad...

Papa

Yeah, what Crue-B-Cue said.

My 21 y/o son and two of his buddies came home from 3 hours of playing basketball yesterday afternoon and decimated our leftovers! So much for the prime rib sammie I was going to make :(

I'm also with Crue-B-Cue.

I have a family of seven, and when the kids start to eat it's amazing how much food they go through. I can't imagine what they will pack away as they get older. Left overs usually last no longer then two to three day in my house.

Not much leftovers left. I'm going to make a pot of soup with the leftover turkey.

I'll use the frame, re-roast it and make stock, along with the two chicken frames we saved in the freezer for that purpose. Probably use the wings as well. We'll have another meal (only two of us this year) and dice up the rest for pot pie.

Craig

I foodsaver and freeze. Once that happens they might make it another 3 months or so before I use them. I know a lot of people say you can run it out a year, I just never wait that long.

I picked up a tip on here though, seal them when they are cold (not hot) and manually seal the top again (2 seals). It's made a world of difference for me.

Back