London Broil

Yeah................buy something else....................:wink:

I think of London Broil as a high heat cut, cooked to medium and no more.

Like somebody said the other day, has to be a sale of beef soon. I just bough 5 today, vacuumed and threw them in the freezer for a later smoking

I marinate them in Italian salad dressing in a zip lock bag over night and then I smoke them to an internal temperature that would be rare to medium rare, a super fast "GREEN" therompen works great at this point. Take it off the grill and wrap in up in foil and let it rest for about an hour. Slice it as thin as you can and pile high on a really good bun, I like to add a little horseradish, my wife like to melt some cheese like a philly cheese steak! I really like London Broil!!!

Here's what I did with the one my wife brought home a few weeks ago:
http://nibblemethis.blogspot.com/2009/06/london-broil.html

The first thing to figure out is what cut your beef actually is, since london broil really isn't a cut of meat rather than a recipe (from what I've been told).

I'd rather have an eye round (for roast beef), a flank steak (fajitas), or a chuck roast (pulled beef) but I take what the wifey brings home, right?

marinate or season as you desire (depending on the actual cut..sirloin roast can be seasoned fine...flank steak needs to be marinated with some zest, OJ, lemon juice, some wine, soy sauce, etc imo). Cook hot and fast to rare...let sit and rest and slice thin across the grain...should be medium rare at that point...anything more done and it will get tougher on you

I did the salting trick on one a few weeks back. Made it cook up like a pretty decent steak.

marinate or season as you desire (depending on the actual cut..sirloin roast can be seasoned fine...flank steak needs to be marinated with some zest, OJ, lemon juice, some wine, soy sauce, etc imo). Cook hot and fast to rare...let sit and rest and slice thin across the grain...should be medium rare at that point...anything more done and it will get tougher on you

Same method here, about 4-6 minutes per side on a really hot grill. Quick and easy family favorite around here.

drown in 1000 island dressing after slicing real thin the cook lo slo till ya like it.

perfect excuse to dip and eat 100 island

sorry i love the stuff

:)

Jerky. While London Broil is partially frozen, slice into 1/4" or thinner slices. Marinate at least 24 hours. Drain. Place slices on Racks & sprinle with crushed red peppers. Smoke for approximately 3 hours at 200*-225*

Back