Cooked for family and friends last weekend

J

JamesB

I think I forgot to post this last week... Well, last weekend, we went out to my in-laws place in Lipan, Tx and hung out. We cooked up some grub.
Nothing fancy, just brisket, ribs, sausage, beans, tater salad and the like. A few of us went out on Friday night to get started cooking and hang out. We got some food to cooking, had a few adult beverages and played Hold 'Em poker on Friday. Saturday morning we fixed bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast for breakfast... Later in the day the other folks arrived to be fed. I didn't get that many pics and don't have any pics of the actual party, just some of us getting stuff ready and relaxing. Had a ton o fun and thought I'd share a few of the pics I did get.

I bet you don't have to worry about rust on the top of that firebox?

Great job.

Looks like a fun Texas cook to me! Could you give some more info about that big cauldron looking fire pit or grill in the second pic from top left. Is that the bell end of a 500 gallon propane tank?
I love the way you guys utilize the top of the fire box. I can smell the bacon from here. Beautiful land you got there. Thanks!

Don't really know much about that fire pit. It's been out on the farm as long as I've been part of the family (28yrs). It's about 4 feet across and has an adjustable intake on the bottom. Tehre is a coal grate about 6"s from the bottom and a 2 piece expanded metal food grate on top. I've already told my father in law, that I want it if he ever decided to part with it.

Back