MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
smokestack
Full Fledged Farker

Default brisket and ABT experiment

Being I am off today due to weekend work schedule, and we are getting steady rain, I had no choice but to fire up the WSM- threw on a trimmed brisket rubbed and coated with "whatsthisheressauce"-this pic 2 hrs into cook
The ABTs are ones that I made a couple weeks ago and threw in the freezer already prepared- Will post finished pics and let you all know how the ABTs came out- If it works, I'll mass produce them when the plants are loaded this summer, and freeze them for later use
http://usera.imagecave.com/smokestack/abtsandbrisket/
added finishd pics of brisket-cooked to 170 put in glass baking dish with a small can of beef broth,foil on top and took to 190- still a little dry until spooning broth over slices
ABTs worked well- will do them this way again for sure
UDS slowly in the works

Last edited by smokestack; 03-20-2008 at 05:29 AM..
smokestack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looking like a winner.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
MTHank
Full Fledged Farker

Looks good... Slice me of a slab of that brisket for breakfast...

Being up in the N.E. how do you get peppers to "load up" on your plants? I live in the N.W. and was lucky to get a dozen peppers off three plants last year. Do you have long summers up there? We don't, 100 days growing season is a long one here.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Weber Kettle Gold – 22 ½”[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]22 1/2" UDS[/FONT] (aka 55 gal)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smokie Joe[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The stone age did not end because we ran out of stones[/FONT]
MTHank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
smokestack
Full Fledged Farker

try to get them in early as possible after frost and lots of water-I start my plants from seed - Mucho Nacho Japs from Park seeds- last year they were over waist high, but they didn't get enough water- had lots of small peppers,but it was to close to frost for them to mature so I only got small ones-
http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/s...cid=pext000001
UDS slowly in the works
smokestack is offline   Reply With Quote