• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dinner Done Right

queball

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Man I hit a homer tonight. Ordered and received a beautiful certified prime chateau brion from my local meat purveyor. Removed the silver skin, rubbed with sea salt and cracked pepper, seared and roasted to true rare (hot red center) carved chateau style and served with a blackberry and port wine reduction. Had another excellent bottle of wine out of Cakebread Cellars. Served with brabant taters done in, used guessed it, bacon fat with a side of creamed spinach with lump white crabmeat folded in. Really, really good stuff.

Yeah I got .." meat".....and "rubbed with sea salt and cracked pepper" ...and something about wine. Sounds good so far...

Dang, you should have posted a picture of the beef, or the pile of cash needed to buy it. I have a feeling either would have been quite impressive. :lol:

it means /sounds like he made a perfect filet mignon... sans smoke.

Kinda makes me miss cooking in a kitchen. : )

A chateau is the center 8 or 10 inches out of the center of the tenderloin so the roast is uniform across the length. I did it on the grill with homemade pecan charcoal so there was a nice hint of smoke. I'd love to post pictures but my kids are not home to show me how. Mr. Pitiful.

queball said:
No occasion just my standard "got my ass kicked all week long" friday night pampering

I know that feeling. That meal sounds like a great remedy.

Sounds very good, I know it tasted very goodn like the others have said, Pictures would be great of this fine piece of art. man the reductions of the wine and oh my does this just trip my I got to do this meter!

thanks for the vision!

Queball's Got Meat

Yea, I can make sauces, I know what kind of wine I like, and I own a technology company but I cant figure out how to use a freakin digital camera to save my life. I got some kind of super duper mp3 hard drive thing last Christmas that I am still trying to figure out. You guys with video feeds from Mecca, etc., I am in awe. So, here I am again trying to make it happenl. I think that I am attaching a photo from last Friday night's meat lovers special. This is a before and during (dont know where the after is). It was a giant Porterhouse that my butcher saved for me. So big I had to sear and roast. Awesome. I ate the Strip she ate the Filet

Attachments

• Resized.JPG
    Resized.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0875.JPG
    100_0875.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Plate.JPG
    Plate.JPG