• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Brinkmann vertical offset arrived!!!

BBQNCO

Reaction score
So I ordered this from Home Depot and it arrived Friday.

I was planning on putting it together and seasoning it yesterday. As any family man, or Soldier, knows plans never go the way they are planned. Both the pregnant wife and the 2 year old son were sick yesterday. That and being the Staff Duty Officer put a damper on that plan.

Finally got it put together between yesterday and today. Put some vegetable oil on it and started a fire with a little more than half a chimney of briquets. I am going to need to get some sealant for a couple small spots. For the most part it's got a good seal all around. Pleasantly surprised by it :grin: and planning to do a brisket and some chicken breasts next weekend (I will be posting that when done with it).

Attachments

• 0728131915.jpg
    0728131915.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 0728131912.jpg
    0728131912.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 125
I've seen one of those in person and gave it the once over. They are pretty thin metal, but because it's a vertical type smoker, I can see it being pretty effective. I'd definitely want to burn sticks in it though.

For uds style cooking, you could fashion a uds style fire basket that sits in the bottom of cooking chamber. Add a sheet of aluminum flashing to block the channel from the firebox, and add some sort of intake in bottom of cook chamber.

Back