MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
tommyvelocity
Found some matches.

Default Recommendations for buying meats in Seattle

Looking for recommendations for buying meats in Seattle/Bellevue area.

I know the costco in Tukwila has a business section (+regular) and has large cuts. Prices are not always the best though but they do have case meats.

Any recommendations for other places?

Looking for pork and beef mainly.
tommyvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Steve Z
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvelocity View Post
Looking for recommendations for buying meats in Seattle/Bellevue area.

I know the costco in Tukwila has a business section (+regular) and has large cuts. Prices are not always the best though but they do have case meats.

Any recommendations for other places?

Looking for pork and beef mainly.
Shawn and Teds in Renton Highlands seems to have a loyal following and it looks like it's close. http://shawnandteds.com/index.php

I've been in a few times for steaks, but I'm not a regular. I get most of my meat from the Covington Costco.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
tommyvelocity
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Z View Post
Shawn and Teds in Renton Highlands seems to have a loyal following and it looks like it's close. http://shawnandteds.com/index.php

I've been in a few times for steaks, but I'm not a regular. I get most of my meat from the Covington Costco.
Wow, I've lived for 3 years just about 3 blocks from there and never noticed!!!

Thanks!

Btw, ever check out the Tukwila Costco?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Cash & Carry in Bellevue off NE 140th and NE 24th across from the Skate king is a great place for brisket and bonelss butts. They also just opened a Resautrant Depot in Woodinville just north of the Costco, but you need a business license I think to . For specialty items I like Golden Steer in Belleue of off Bell-Red & 156th.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
SmokeOrDie
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I use Cash and Carry (Tukwila) Costco (Tukwila) and Sam's Club in (Renton). Sam's club has nice bone in shoulders and full packers. Costco has full spares untrimmed.
SmokeOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
tinman
On the road to being a farker

Hey neighbor! I live on the other hill in Fairwood. I buy my ribs at Costco in Tukwilla, but I get my butts and such at Cash and Carry off of 167, just south of Harbor Freight. There is one at Soutcenter by the Lowes too. Shawn and Teds is outstanding, but can be pricey. They are great guys too. Their dry aged ribeye is amazing.
Frankenweber!
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
tommyvelocity
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
Hey neighbor! I live on the other hill in Fairwood. I buy my ribs at Costco in Tukwilla, but I get my butts and such at Cash and Carry off of 167, just south of Harbor Freight. There is one at Soutcenter by the Lowes too. Shawn and Teds is outstanding, but can be pricey. They are great guys too. Their dry aged ribeye is amazing.
Howdy! I know where all of those are haha. The 167 Cash n carry is a little north of Central exit. I've been to the one in Tukwila right by the video only.

Maybe I'll splurge one of these days and get some dry aged ribeye from Shawn and Teds.

I'm really new at this but I'm gonna try some spareribs this weekend on my weber performer. Gonna try it with the 2 fire brick method (almost bought the smokenator but I stopped after reading the feedback in this forum), using the rub from amazing ribs aiming at 250-275 for 2 hours then foil it for 1 to 1.5.