• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SAMS Club 2012???

quarters69

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anybody got any insight on the SAMs events for 2012??

From what I have heard--I know it is happening. I know the plan is to have more events in different locations. I know I wish I knew more. :wink: I am guessing a lot of information will be presented at the banquet, just like it was last year.

KCBS released the first 3 events at the last board meeting. I think New Orleans was one and Conroe, TX was one but don't remember the third

It would be nice if they posted all the events. I'm already planning for 2012 and would like to consider the Sam's clubs series, but if they wait too long, I might miss out again.

I also hope they plan better for the Midwest contests and not have them when the temps are pushing 100+, especially since they are on asphalt.

But then again, what do I know???

Really looking forward to this. Looks like they are starting earlier than last year, which should help. Definitely hope our friends in New England get something a little closer than Pittsburgh!

That being said, I'd love it if they did go back to Pittsburgh again!

I was under the impression that they were going to vote on and approve all Sam's Club dates on 12/14. We should get a list that night or shortly thereafter if they discuss them in closed session.

dmp

Conroe TX had 1 last year, but looks like the other 2 are new sites. New Orleans and Tampa fl.

I hope they shuffle the dates and locations around a bit so they don't conflict with the same local events they did last year. Spread the wealth a little bit.

There is no way this 'series' would be happening again if it weren't for the slim possibility of taking home some decent money after the first round.

The venues absolutely suck, at least in the South. On a blacktop parking lot in July and August, no running water, generator power only and as far as I know, the gensets FAILED within 3 hours at both Birmingham and Marietta.

No thanks to 2012.

There is no way this 'series' would be happening again if it weren't for the slim possibility of taking home some decent money after the first round.

The venues absolutely suck, at least in the South. On a blacktop parking lot in July and August, no running water, generator power only and as far as I know, the gensets FAILED within 3 hours at both Birmingham and Marietta.

No thanks to 2012.

I had a little bit of a power issue (Fowl Butt BBQ was powering a dozen CPAP machines :heh:) at the event in Traverse City, MI but overall I thought it was one of the best organized competitions and think the reps, organizers, and Troy Black did an outstanding job.

If I could compete all year at these venues I would.

No thanks to 2012.

Yes, but they have shopping carts. Endless possibilities. I'm in for 2012 :laugh:

I had a little bit of a power issue (Fowl Butt BBQ was powering a dozen CPAP machines :heh:) at the event in Traverse City, MI but overall I thought it was one of the best organized competitions and think the reps, organizers, and Troy Black did an outstanding job.

If I could compete all year at these venues I would.

In Georgia, it probably wouldnt rank in the top 20 of best organized contests in any year.

The KCBS Board better pay attention to the dates. There is a sanctioned event less than 45 miles from New Orleans on 3/3/12 that will have about 50 teams. This other event has a state proclamation, has plentiful running water and power, and pays down more places in each category than Sam's. Besides, the registration fee for this other contest is $100 less than the proposed Sam's event to raise money for St. Jude. In spite of what was said about "no objections" in the Nov 30 Special Meeting, I raised this very objection and was totally ignored. I guess you reap what you sew.

Money talks. My guess is... Where/When Sam's wants an event, there will be an event.
I do wish they would eliminate the need to utilize shopping carts to haul water and figure a way to run a stinking garden hose to the competition area this year.

Back