• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket on the Assassin @ 5am

Nice job gotta like it when that happens. did you wrap it during the cook? also that is real nice lookin cooker. Do you build those?

pulled at 11:05 am @ 200 degrees internal temp.....6 hours 5 mins total time in the smoker....this was my 1st brisket in the Assassin....a little surprised at how quick it cooked.

Did you run at 250 the whole time, or did you bump up the temp at all during the cook? Nothing wrong with a 6 hour brisket!

Have you cooked Brisket in a pan before? Do you think the roasting effect from the pan speeds up the cooking process? I'm looking forward to the final test results...

Looks very tasty...Nice smoker as well...

First - nice brisket and a nice smoker, I have decided I will be ordering the 28 before the end of the year I hope.

Second - on the cooking with the pans...sounds like you don't want to get that beautiful new rig all greasy and dirty just yet!!!!

First - nice brisket and a nice smoker, I have decided I will be ordering the 28 before the end of the year I hope.

Second - on the cooking with the pans...sounds like you don't want to get that beautiful new rig all greasy and dirty just yet!!!!

You will be very happy with Jeff and Robin at Assassin....and as far as getting it greasy and dirty.....u may be right :thumb:

Awesome job on the brisket. I noticed that I had a little quicker cooking times on the assassin then I did with my WSM's. Will definitely have to make some adjustments, but hey practicing is the best part. The neighbors and the co-workers don't mind me practing either. :-D

The brisket was very good....moist and tender....my only knock on it would be no bark...but that's from cooking in the pan I believe. The smoker is A-1 rock solid excellent!!!! :biggrin1:

I normally put the pan under the grate I have the meat on, or if that isn't possible, I lift the meat up off the pan high enough to get some smoke circulation room under it.

In any case, the brisket turned out to your liking. Looks like the Assassin has found a good home!

Well it looks like a complete success!
Great job and glad you enjoyed the brisket it looks dang fine from here.

Awesome looking brisket. I have noticed shorter cooking times with my Assassin. I over cooked my first slab of ribs because of that. It is a great smoker and very easy to use.

That is one fine looking brisket! Smoker looks pretty good also!:clap:

Back