First time doing salmon on the Akorn

Megawhatt

Reaction score
Turned out pretty good, the grill got up to 400 degrees and I couldn't keep it below that so I went with it. Went with a pan because I think those cedar planks are darn expensive for a one time use product. Might try directly on the grill and no pan next time.

20130724_181615.jpg

One other note, I started with flesh side down to sear that side and also to cook the skin a bit. Then halfway thru I flipped it to skin side down and when they were done the skin did not stick to the pan at all it came right off.

That looks good. In place of the store bought cedar planks I suggest going to the local lumber yard and picking up some untreated cedar fence boards. They'll run you about $2 for a 6' board and you can cut them down to size.

you can reuse the planks if they are not too charred on the bottom or there is not too much food stuck on the top that you can't remove by washing with soap and water just like a wood cutting board

Turned out pretty good, Might try directly on the grill and no pan next time.

^^yep^^

Get the grate hot, give it a good brush or scrub then apply a light coat of grape seed oil on a paper towel with a tongs.
The fish will be ready to flip when lifts easily from the grate!

Back