MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
Mdboatbum
Full Fledged Farker

"I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon- sue me- and since I don''t have a butler, I have to do it myself. So most nights before I go to bed I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious. It''s good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot. That''s it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that"
Mdboatbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post
"I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon- sue me- and since I don''t have a butler, I have to do it myself. So most nights before I go to bed I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious. It''s good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot. That''s it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that"
You must be kin to Michael Scott, from Dunder Mifflin, in Scranton.

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by STCL01 View Post
Pulled a wrapped pork butt off the smoker and had the foil split on the bottom. It dropped a 1/2 cup of boiling juice on my flip-flop clad feet. Nice second degree burns. Made it hard to wear real shoes for about a week.
Been there and done that. Hurts like hell!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #34
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

I'm normally pretty cautious when I have a knife or near the fires. I've caught my arm on the lip of the firebox MANY of times, but other than that, I try to be a little more cautious where I can lose limbs.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #35
Grande
Found some matches.

2 weeks ago I was splitting some hickory for my Lang. Ax got caught on a knot. I pulled out my 8# sledge to drive the ax through. Hammer slipped off of the back edge of the ax & my finger got smashed between the back of the ax & the sledge handle.

Hurt like a bear, but the Q must go on!
Grande is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #36
Bludawg

After hitting my Boner with the Steel a few times I was cutting open the Cyro on a packer in the sink and took off the tip or my left index finger thank god for Super glue & duct tape saved a trip to the ER and the cook went on.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #37
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
After hitting my Boner with the Steel a few times
Oh, tough guy, eh?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
do0d
Knows what a fatty is.

On an early morning prepping meat I had a pretty dull knife. Decided to chop with it to get thru some cartilage and ended up hitting the back of my other hand where my index finger is. ER trip and some weeks of physical therapy and it works again. I still started/finished the cook that day just a little behind schedule :)

Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
Smoke & Beers
is One Chatty Farker

Cut my finger to the bone washing my knife with a scrub brush while talking to a fellow at a comp.

Only other ER visit from BBQ was when I got a bristle from a grate brush stuck in the back of my throat...
Numerous burns but none that required anything more than liquid anesthesia...
Weber One Touch Gold & a Weber 22 1/2" Silver
Traeger Jr
2 UDS's Born 9-19-08 & 3-6-09
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
[COLOR=red][COLOR=black]Super Fast[/COLOR][B] RED THERMAPEN[/B][/COLOR]

"If you got them by the MOINK balls, their hearts and minds will follow" -John Wayne
Smoke & Beers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #40
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
After hitting my Boner with the Steel a few times I was cutting open the Cyro on a packer in the sink and took off the tip or my left index finger thank god for Super glue & duct tape saved a trip to the ER and the cook went on.

WOW superdick

Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #41
shirknwrk
is one Smokin' Farker

Lost arm hair in BGE flashback.
shirknwrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #42
newpower
Knows what a fatty is.

Not exactly BBQ accident but I was carving a ham for Easter with an electric knife my wife had from a previous marriage ( should have known better!!). The handle broke off of the knife and fell to the floor slicing my leg near the ankle about 4 inches long and very deep! Hello ER and cold food. 9 stitches to close. Nice scar though!
Ken
newpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
ddweatherholtz
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTitch View Post
I often do the Charcoal hop.
barefoot and lighting charcoal does not mix after a few beers

Yup, in socks, actually melted some fabric into my foot!
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverik ET732
ddweatherholtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #44
DownHomeQue
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : DHQ

i cut my calf smooth open with a cheapo harbor freight angle grinder... and 8 sticthes later was out there working again on my offset build in my AVI.. smh.. blade binded and broke.. hit my calf.. cut it open.. my shoe was covered in blood as soon as i looked down..

[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148660[/URL]

250 Gallon Offset Build (2012)

[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211078[/URL]

600 Gallon Offset Build (2016)
DownHomeQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
blues_drummer
Got Wood.

Worst for me was probably several years ago on the morning of our big BBQ, was about to prep the cabbage for slaw for the pulled pork sandwiches, went to core one of the cabbages, knife stuck in the core and my finger continued to go down.
Bandaged it, but it was still bleeding, had the Brisket and Pork in the coolers and someone else was attending to the ribs, so a quick trip to urgent care, a stitch and a tetanus shot later, back before the first guests showed up.
Now I buy pre-shredded cabbage.