Smoked Mongolian Beef

tatonka3a2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This cook was inspired by my Bountiful Basket that I got this week.

Started with a Tri Tip all trimmed up.

Put the Tri Tip on early in the morning with the Yoder off and just the tube smoker going with Oak pellets. Smoked for about 2 hours and then got wrapped and into the fridge to rest until dinner time.

Fast forward to early evening and getting everything ready. The veggies.....

Put the Tri Tip in the freezer to make the slicing a little easier.

Once sliced I thought this was the perfect time to break out our new toy - the meat tumbler!! Took the sliced Tri Tip coated it in cornstarch and added the marinade; soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and fish sauce.

Tumbling.... Got this from Todd at Amazen Products, I can see using this a lot!! http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AGS-CT20

All the veggies in, right before adding the sauce and meat.

All in together!

While the above was going on, the egg rolls were getting happy on the Yoder!

Finally all done and plated up! Smoked Mongolian Beef, egg rolls, brown rice, and some sweet and sour sauce.

This is a KEEPER!! Wonderful flavor and the Tri Tip was incredible in this dish!

That looks good, nice cooking.

I don't even know what Mongolian Beef is, off to google

Well done, thanks for sharing. I've been seeing some recipies using fried wonton wrappers to make taco shells - this w/ those & a little cabbage :sound awsome!:clap2:

Man I just love being made hungry at 8:30 in the morning and Lunch is 3 hours away

NICE!

Mongolian beef is one of my favorite and regulars at out local "Authentic Chinese Restaurant". That looks real good! :thumb:

Back