MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
hnd
Full Fledged Farker

Default Kids wanted Brisket (Pron)

the kids were begging for some bbq and this request came at oooohh 1? so i pulled out a 1/3rd of a flat i vac sealed back in november.

boiled the bag in water on medium heat for 20 minutes, pulled out and sliced it up.

The wife will be mad as she is out of town. oh well. hopefully i survive.

hnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Still looks great!

How did it taste?

Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
hnd
Full Fledged Farker

it was awesome. the first 2 slices dried up quick but the rest of this thing was perfect. i've started adding coffee to my salt/pepper rub on beef and its been turning out real nice.
hnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Be sure to show her this post when she returns.Serves her right for leaving you and those kids home alone to fend for yourself! Did a fine job of it by the way.(fending for yourselves).
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

That looks like money!
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
BobM
Babbling Farker

Came out great!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

PerPhect!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks just right!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Default Re: Kids wanted Brisket (Pron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnd View Post
it was awesome. the first 2 slices dried up quick but the rest of this thing was perfect. i've started adding coffee to my salt/pepper rub on beef and its been turning out real nice.
Is it finely ground coffee or like regular coffee? I've read of folks using this to season steak. But my concern of course would be it taste like..well... coffee grounds like you would get at the bottom of your coffee cup which is not a good texture

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
Is it finely ground coffee or like regular coffee? I've read of folks using this to season steak. But my concern of course would be it taste like..well... coffee grounds like you would get at the bottom of your coffee cup which is not a good texture
I've been using coffee rubs since I've been smoking briskets. You would think the meat would be gritty like the bottom of a coffee cup but it is not. I use a regular grind dark roast.