• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Prime rib and taters!!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just a small cook for a Friday night with the family!!!

esapy6eh.jpg

So what did you rub that Prime Rib with? Looks mighty fine on the smoker.

I would kill for some of that right about now.

Time and cooker temp for the Prime Rib? I want to do one of those some day.

I've heard that cooked bones are bad for dogs anyway. :wink:

First I coated it with EVOO, then I took some simply marvels peppered cow and mixed it up with a generous portion of minced garlic. Rubbed it down real good with that and let it sit out a couple hrs while I prepped the fire. Slow smoked them taters with a large chunk of pecan and some briquettes for about an hr and then I put the meat on. Put the taters way in the back while the meat cooked added more pecan wood and brought the temp of the meat to about 125. Then I did a reverse sear on the meat bringing it up to 135 then I pulled it, wrapped it in tinfoil and let that rest while I sliced all the taters open and put generous amounts of sharp cheddar cheese in the taters and let them melt. Pulled, sliced and ate. I have to say that it turned out awesome!!!

I would add it to some beef stock with lots and lots of fresh cracked pepper along with sauteed onions and peppers with maybe a chopped jalapeno in for good measure and throw it over some rice thickened or not Oh yeah add a little beer to it and to you to. Simple no more left over beer....ahh beef I mean!

Or do about the same and put the peppers and onions and the leftover beef in a roll and dip the whole thing in the stock and eat the BEER separate! Maybe some chhese too!

Not sure how I missed this one the first time around, but I'm glad I'm seeing it now - looks like it was a great meal!

Back