How much do you charge

• Thread starter pop's smokin hot que
  • Start date
In Guatemala, 8-10 dollars per pound but no competitors. Depends on quantity catered.

I guess I undercharge... I charge my co workers/friends double the meat price. This is about 25$ for a 5 lb'r. I'm not sure that they would pay 9 $ a lb. But you guys say thats what your getting huh?

$10 cooked weight and pulled. Like Dive I offer a discount if they want to pull it themselves but I havent had any takers yet either.

I guess I undercharge... I charge my co workers/friends double the meat price. This is about 25$ for a 5 lb'r. I'm not sure that they would pay 9 $ a lb. But you guys say thats what your getting huh?

I'm going to guess that you're charging about $25 for a raw 5# piece of meat...before cooking it.

If that's the case, you're actually ending up with about 2.5# of meat in the end. That $25 for 5# ($5/pound) just turned into $10/pound.

That $9 scenario doesn't seem so out of reason now, does it? :thumb:

When people price pork by the pound they are doing so with cooked meat weights not raw meat weights.

I would expect more from a guy that drives an ///M. :wink:

Out here we are paying 1.99/lb bone-in/lb. That's basically the best price for us due to our location circumstances.

What do ya'll think that would translate to in cooked pork/lb pricing...assuming we're also paying for wood/charcoal, injections, rubs, foil, half/fullpans etc.

Initially, I was thinking 11-12$/lb would work. Now I am second guessing that #.

Oh yeah, vending only.

Out here we are paying 1.99/lb bone-in/lb. That's basically the best price for us due to our location circumstances.

What do ya'll think that would translate to in cooked pork/lb pricing...assuming we're also paying for wood/charcoal, injections, rubs, foil, half/fullpans etc.

Initially, I was thinking 11-12$/lb would work. Now I am second guessing that #.

Oh yeah, vending only.

$12 would work for "minimum" food costing...and that is mainland pricing. I know the COL is higher where you are. Somewhere between $12-$16 will put you in the money.

I get $12 a pound for all smoked and packaged pork, beef or chicken breast. Comes with sauce. If somebody buys a package of better buns at the store and 2 pounds of pork, they can make 8 sammies. This is far less than the $40 min., that they would pay for those same items separately.

Back