Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pacific MO, Aug 13th and 14th

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Who is in? I'm trying to talk the wife into cooking this one. It would just be the two of us. A little much through crunch time.
Do you know, can you stay over on the grounds and leave on Sunday?

H*QUE will be there - I enjoy Tom's contest - it was ran well last year. As far as staying over - I don't know - but he's got an email address at http://pacificmobbq.com/ - drop him a line - he's usually pretty good responding.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

I am pretty sure he wont mind. He is out of town this week - vacation :)

i wotn be able to make it - thats my daughter's birthday.

Blazin' Blues will be competeing. We look forward to seeing all of the fellow brethren in Pacific

We won't be there this year.. headed to French Lick In to try another state and visit my brother.

True Family BBQ will be there. Being our freshmen year, this is another new comp for us. I am looking forward to the shorter drive after Mexico and Glasgow. It will be good to get out an meet more Brethren.

Mr. Kick,
I compete with just my 10 year old son and, no doubt, it is a challenge through crunch time but the worst part for me is after turn-ins. It is good to take a break, but knowing that all of the cleanup ahead that seems to take two or three hours for us while other teams get cleaned up and can pull out right after awards. I am definitely looking to change this for next season.

Ques Your Daddy will be there again this year... Tom promised it would be 72 degrees and sunny the whole weekend! hehe

Who is in? I'm trying to talk the wife into cooking this one. It would just be the two of us. A little much through crunch time.
Do you know, can you stay over on the grounds and leave on Sunday?

Hey it is always just Mark and I. This is a really good contest we have always had fun!! Not going to make it this year because of health reasons:sad:

Looks like it's going to be another hot one.

2010-08-09_093225.jpg

At least there is no rain in the forecast this year. It was ugly two years ago.

I just put a canopy on the trailer to help stay cool. I'm sure it will be put it to good use.

IMG00024-20100807-1304.jpg

IMG00021-20100807-1256.jpg

Cheers,
Nate

Unfortunately we will not be attendance, but might come up to check things out. Good luck to all!

Nate - I love that the canopy comes straight out rather than at an angle, so nice.

Nate, you must be seeing a different forecast than us.....the one we saw said 98* with 107* heat index....anyways.....Teresa says it's going to be too hot for just the two of us to do this one, so with a heavy heart, We're going to pass this year.

Nate, you must be seeing a different forecast than us.....the one we saw said 98* with 107* heat index....anyways.....Teresa says it's going to be too hot for just the two of us to do this one, so with a heavy heart, We're going to pass this year.

Too hot for BBQ?

yeah - I gauge all other comps' heat by Pacific from last year - that was without a doubt the hottest contest I've ever competed at - *WHEW* With Columbia (Boone's Lick) running a close 2nd. This has been a VERY hot summer - I'll be glad to get it over with and get into some fall comps.

Nice job Nate on the awning - those make a LOT of difference - after leveling the trailer - it's one of the first things I get setup. Gotta keep the drinks outta the sun and frosty ya know ;)

NOAA.gov is calling for the following weather - both days sound nice and hot ;(

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 96.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 74.

Saturday: A chance of thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 93.

Saturday Night: A chance of thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70.

I will be there, in attendance at least trying to pick up some pointers.

I'll be there judging #29.
Vexter1 and brewmaster I hope you guys have extra beverags for after the comp. I'll be stopping by to say hello.
Was thinking about riding the bike but it might be to hot for that. I did that last year and man it was a HOT:crazy: ride home. Feel for you guys cooking.
See ya there.

I'll be there judging #29.
Vexter1 and brewmaster I hope you guys have extra beverags for after the comp. I'll be stopping by to say hello.
Was thinking about riding the bike but it might be to hot for that. I did that last year and man it was a HOT:crazy: ride home. Feel for you guys cooking.
See ya there.

C'mon by - as always - we'll get ya taken care of with something frosty ;) Looking forward to seeing ya!

Back