• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New vending gig

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got hired to do the vending for the Screamfest park just north of my roadside spot. Thur, Fri, Sat and Sunday nights, 6 till midnight with an average gate of 1200 per night.
My first night is TOMORROW. :shock:

Just thought i'd pass on some good news. I'll keep you updated and get some pics!

It's always good to hear Great news,, Hopefully you'll make a killing,Good Luck Bro...

Got hired to do the vending for the Screamfest park just north of my roadside spot. Thur, Fri, Sat and Sunday nights, 6 till midnight with an average gate of 1200 per night.
My first night is TOMORROW. :shock:

Just thought i'd pass on some good news. I'll keep you updated and get some pics!

Congrats!

Sounds as though business in the "crotch" is picking up?

Nice bro get the long johns out I kniow it getting a bit nippy out up in them there hills.

So how many do you plan to feed an evening? I'd plan 400 - 600 a night with most of that being after 8pm, with most of my business being bratwurst, hot links and chili dogs. Maybe some rib tips. Would I be way off base?

Being a last minute deal, pulled pork, dogs & brats. Getting busy now at 9:00!
So how many do you plan to feed an evening? I'd plan 400 - 600 a night with most of that being after 8pm, with most of my business being bratwurst, hot links and chili dogs. Maybe some rib tips. Would I be way off base?

Are you selling popcorn, candy, etc? If you're not, I;'d at least try it out. Congrats on thew gig. How long will you be there, just until the 31st?

Outstanding.
I know you are either counting cash, filling the smoker or sleeping but let us know how it's going.
I'm pullin for you bro!!

Congrats Bubba. I take it it's a haunted house? Told you your looks would get you somewhere someday.:biggrin: Knock-em dead Bro.

How did it go Steve??????? Great pick up. Are you selling Hot Chocolate?????
Been cold as hell around here for weeks now. Might be worth it.

Dan

Update with pics.

Learned a lot this weekend. A roadside vendor does NOT make you a fairway vendor. :roll:
First night was busy, 1200 people who barely knew i was there because i'm not set up for night time vending. (lighting) Sold PP sammies, hot dogs, brats and hot choclate. Did OK.
Next night, broke out some halogen lighting and a sign i had picked up at a garage sale and sales tripled! 7 gallons of hot chocolate, about 100 dogs and brats and lots of PP. Sundays crowd was non existent and dumped 5 gallons of hot chocolate and bagged and froze all the leftover pork.
All in all a profitable weekend but way to much work for too little return.

Every new set-up is a learning experience and have lots of ideas for future gigs.

The only other vendor was an elephant ear trailer lit up with the neon signs and blinking lights. They sold watered down hot chocolate, stale dogs, nachos and your usual fair food. long lines all nite.:roll:

Attachments

• Trailer 015.jpg
    Trailer 015.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Trailer 018.jpg
    Trailer 018.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Trailer 017.jpg
    Trailer 017.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 92
  • Trailer 016.jpg
    Trailer 016.jpg