• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Iron Man BBQ

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Heres the deal. I am cooking Oct 19-20 at the diamond state BBQ championship at the dover downs in Delaware. I am cooking Oct 20-21 at the battle of the BBQ brethren in sayville. Got your attention? Obviously i cant be at two places at the same time on Saturday. I am looking for a teammate for the sayville event. Basically i need someone to set up on Saturday, get my meat inspected and get the briskets and butts on sat night . Sounds simple enough? It gets better....saturday night i am in a wedding party!!!!!!! Two contests in the same weekend with a wedding in the middle! I don't know if i will survive it but i never back down from a challenge and most of you know I am crazy enough to pull it off.
My schedule:
Friday morning get to dover and be there until sat after turn ins
Teammate is at sayville setting up
Pack up and get out of dover by 2:30PM, four hour drive back here i must be at wedding by 7:30. Get out of wedding by 12:30AM and shoot over to sayville till after turn ins Sunday afternoon
Go to awards get my 13th place chicken trophy then collapse

If anybody is interested PM me

Steve

OMG Thats insane! Best of luck.
I thought I was The Man for doing some back to back weekends this season! LOL

SO I gues your not interested in catering the wedding?...:mrgreen:
Hardcore BBQ, Good luck!

SO I gues your not interested in catering the wedding?...:mrgreen:
Hardcore BBQ, Good luck!
I never thought about that, gonna make a phone call/ All kidding aside this is not a joke, i really want to pull this off but need some help

what time do you need to be at sayville for set up. when you told me at new holland that weekend was booked for me. now i'm only booked friday night.

NEBS grilling contest on saturday?

If so I could come down and judge that on Saturday and get you all set up. and I dont think I would be breaking any fraternization rules.....hell if thats the case I may even be able to come down on Friday and "set up" early.

sled, you better check with KCBS first, the same team can not cook in two contests the same day. I have asked this question this year because we thought about cooking in Cape Cod and Buffalo, they said no.. not allowed, besides why would you want to do all that work, you can come back to Sayville and have your picture taken with the Anchormen !!! Seriously, check it out with Linda

set up & turn-in's are not the same day though.. SInce that's the case, in my mind it makes no difference if they are a day, week, month or year apart.

Last edited:
easy fix

Dover: South Shore Smokers
Sayville: South Shore Buttheads

Woohooo! The triple crown weekend is alive! I'll flavorize your brisket and shoulders for sayville.

Back