MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
humdogj
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Need Advice...Ducane Affinity 3100 vs. Weber Q 220/320

Good morning. I'm looking at purchasing a new grill sometime soon (Father's Day gift to myself with wife's money of course) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience/knowledge of the Ducane Affinity 3100. I could get it for $300. I just came across it yesterday and it looks very intriguing. I believe it is a Weber product.

Before looking at that one, I've been eyeing up the Weber Q 220 or 320. I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong with either of the Q's and they both have their advantages/disadvantages. I'm just wondering for the price/performance, if I would be better off getting the Ducane before it's gone. There is a limited stock at the store of these. I could get a $50 gift card with the Ducane, which I would put for a cover and light possibly.

How is the quality of the Ducane? Rust? Even-heating?

Any advice would be super appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I owned a Ducane gasser year ago. It was a nice grill but only lasted about 5 years. The Weber the replaced it lasted 15 years.

Also, Weber bought Ducane a while back and announced this year that they will be discontinuing the Ducane product line. I don't know if that matters you to or not.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
discmen95
Knows what a fatty is.

My uncle swore by Ducane grills. He had several, this is 35-40 years ago, and they are still working. I think that they got bought up, and the quality went down. In the old days, they were top of the line consumer grills.
discmen95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

FWIW. I have both a Weber Q100 and a Q200 with the cart. Both are indispensable in my book and work great.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Wetsmoke
On the road to being a farker

Default Buy the Q 320 and don't look back!!!!!!

The Q 320 comes with a stand, a warming rack, and a handle light. It puts out 27,000 btu's. and has the Weber name behind it. I own a 300 and a 320, but to upgrade the 300, you are ahead getting the 320 that includes everything. Cast iron grates that do a mean sear on a steak or fish or chicken. To cut down on possible flair ups, I use my GrillGrates on the Q grates. Works well. 10 years from now, guess what??? You will still be able to get replacement parts. If you need them, although I doubt you will need to as the Q320 is built very well.....
Wetsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
humdogj
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm leaning towards the weber q320. I just don't feel confident with the Ducane and I know I won't go wrong with the 320. If anyone thinks differently,please chime in.