MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Hankdad1
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : John
Default What would the Brethren do?

My wife is visiting her mother out of town this weekend leaving me all alone with several grilles and smokers.

What do you grill/smoke when you have a night alone?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

Hoooge steaks on the grill, or rack of lamb super H&F in the BSKeg!

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Jon David
Knows what a fatty is.

Go all out, start by smoking some jerky, then tomorrow night grill a filet some taters have a beer and watch all 4 Rambo movies.... Well, that's what I did last weekend when the misses went out of town.
Jon David is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Thermal Mass
is one Smokin' Farker

Fresh snapper?
Seriously, clean everything up nice (you won't be bothered) brine up some bird or inject some butt and get after it with some beer!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153650[/URL]

"[COLOR=Navy]When it comes right down to it, you just want to be surrounded by good people and good food."[/COLOR]-Chuck Hughes
Thermal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
SmokinFatties
Full Fledged Farker

If i were left all to myself i'd grill anything that once had a face while smoking a Cohiba and drinking WL Weller 12 yr. In my underwear. Cause I can.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Anything and everything!

If there's nothing you've been dying to try, then knock out all the stuff that you rarely have the time for. Go get a giant chuck roll!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Hankdad1
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Lots of good advice! I should add that I like to make something the missus doesn't like.

Like an appetizer of raw oysters or pickled herring followed by grilled chicken livers.

OK, maybe a salad cause I should.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
Thermal Mass
is one Smokin' Farker

If we had some warning, we could have come up there with all kinds of "solutions"....
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153650[/URL]

"[COLOR=Navy]When it comes right down to it, you just want to be surrounded by good people and good food."[/COLOR]-Chuck Hughes
Thermal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

There are two opinions on this subject.1-Absense makes the heart grow fonder,2-outta sight,outta mind ! To thine own self,be true. Blow it out,you got a free card!!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #10
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

That depends if your wife is like mine - "clean this freezer up" ... if she was gone for a few days - I'd rotate the meat and cook up some grub. Have the guys over and all that.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Get a bunch (or a few) of your pals together, fix up some ABT's, some of the hottest wings you can make, maybe some other assorted snackies, some brewskies, a little friendly compitition see who can take the heat! Throw some darts, watch some sports events.......just have a mans night..........have fun and be safe!

KC

Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Well, I'd either do the buddy thing, or save all that meat that they would've eat for myself later down the road! Haha, but I'd probably buy a really good fish, maybe swordfish, and grill that. If not fish though, I'd go with lamb. God I love lamb. Or I'd get something nuts like heart or a good offal cut since I bet she wouldn't normally let ya cook that for y'all! Experimenting is fun fun fun.

I'd probably load the smoker up with something that would be done when she gets back and have dinner ready. That would get you some brownie points if she came home to a clean house and a wicked meal! Give you something to tend to as well since grilling is somewhat of short term, short lived enjoyment.

I don't know whether I'm lucky to be single, or out of luck since I don't have a girl to cook for ever. LOL.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #13
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Default What would the Brethren do?

Order a pizza and run up there cable bill lol

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
mbshop
Babbling Farker

anything you want !

Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #15
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Those are tough nights sometimes when the woman is gone for a day or 2..
I have 2 ways I do it One is I revert back to my broke bachelor days and eat something that is Just a gut buster or Ill go all out and and do as others suggested a real nice fish or super steak. this was my last Gut buster... 2nice burger pattie on some good bread with a lil bacon topped by pepperoni then cheese then some of my homemade Super jalapeno chili !! I got thru most of it but didnt finish.!!!
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote