MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Default Anybody cooking at the PigFest this year?

Anybody coming to Lakeland, FL this year for the PigFest? Lakeland PigFest It's January 26-28 this coming year. I'm not a participant this year, maybe next in the BackYard division. Still working things out and thinking about puting together a team. My biggest problem is most of my friends lie to eat it but don't want to spend the time to cook it.

Anyway, I digress.... I signed up for the judging class on the 26th hoping to gain a better insight on what happens at these shindigs. I'm still a virgin to the whole thing other than doing it at home by myself....

If your our there, I'll look ya up, shake your hand and say Howdy...

JTMcD.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Tim and I were thinking about it - but I've got a job interview the 28th (yes, Saturday)...so we'll proably try for the FBA event at Winter Haven for our first outing of 2006.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I'll be there.
Bonesmokers is my team name.
Come on by and say hi.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I am so farking green with envy. It's at least 4 months before the next event up north here. You guys are farking killing me, but I mean that in a nice way. Best of luck guys.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy
I am so farking green with envy. It's at least 4 months before the next event up north here. You guys are farking killing me, but I mean that in a nice way. Best of luck guys.
Yeah, that's kinda the beauty of Florida. You can Que all year long and not have to worry about digging your grill or smoker out of the snow. I'm a rare breed of Homosapien known as the NativiusFLORIDANON:"Native Floridian" and wouldn't change it for the world. I lived in Illinois for a few short months while I was in the military and got to see both sides of Hell. I remeber the December morning I woke up in my room and opened the curtain and saw snow up to my window seal. I knwo right then and there that this Florida boy wasn't in Kansas anymore and wasn't abot to stay. I called my detailer(guy who cuts orders) and told him to get me out of there or I was going in to kiss the C.O. on the lips. One way or the other I was getting out of that base. He told me that the snow wasn't that bad if it was only up to my window, then I pointed out to him I lived on the second floor.
Two weeks later, I had orders back to Camp Lejeune in semi-Sunny N.C.

JTMcD.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians

Old 12-24-2005, 04:41 AM   #6
BobberQer
Banned

lol Jimmi Hendrix wudda been proud of you for pullin that stunt
BobberQer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
homebbq
Full Fledged Farker

HomeBBQ.com will be there, stop by and say hi... They usually put us between the hangers.
www.outdoorcookingchannel.com
homebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

[QUOTE=JohnMcD348]Yeah, that's kinda the beauty of Florida. You can Que all year long and not have to worry about digging your grill or smoker out of the snow. I'm a rare breed of Homosapien known as the NativiusFLORIDANON:"Native Floridian" and wouldn't change it for the world.

Amen Bro
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #9
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

I am trying to get the CBJ class on Thrursday night.

Then, hopefully, Judge the event on Sat.

If not, anyone need a dishwasher?????

TIM
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #10
spicewine
Babbling Farker

If you ain't cooked in the Snow or Sub Zero Temps. ---Don't think about competing against the MOFO'S . We will kick some Flo Fo's Arse!!

Except you Jimmy----You have the cooker advantage

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009 & 2017

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapndsl
I am trying to get the CBJ class on Thrursday night.

Then, hopefully, Judge the event on Sat.

If not, anyone need a dishwasher?????

TIM

Hey Tim, I'm hoping they get the class together to. If it comes together, we'll have to link up and have a beer after the class.

JTMcD