Achiolte Smoked Chicken Tortilla Bake (PRON)

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I smoked me a chicken with some achiolte and other Mexican spices then shredded her up and assembled this and threw back on the BGE to finish off and get nice and melty. Topped it with some homemade pico de gallo, a side of black beans and a few Dos Equis XXX Brews.

IMG_1902-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dang impressive! That is farkin awesome:clap2:

That looks good! how about sharing the recipe and process? That's how we all learn.

Ingredients
3 cups shredded chicken
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
1 cup chicken broth
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 small onion, finely chopped
12 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Directions
In a bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Warm tortillas in the microwave according to package directions. Layer half of the tortillas on the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Achiote Paste for the Chicken
This I did not measure out but this is what went into the paste. Just mix everything together and rub the bird down and let rest in the fridge for several hours before smoking. After done let rest and pull.
Ingredients
Achiote paste, fresh lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, ancho chili powder, freshly ground black pepper

Back