View to a Grill

J

JamesTX

What do you see when you're manning the grill? This is our view (and yes, we're obnoxiously proud) -

Attachments

• IMG_1681 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1681 (Medium).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 429
I see a fence, an old old ugly fence that belongs to my neighbor.

WOW!! Very nice. You can jump over the railing and get some seasoned scrub oak to smoke with. I assume some of those trees are oaks. Very nice and you should be very obnoxiously proud!!:-D

All the mesquite and oak you could ever want. Cedar too, but I don't think I'll be using that anytime soon. Persimminon - now I wonder if that'd be any good?

I see a fence, an old old ugly fence that belongs to my neighbor.

I know some people that po'ed their neighbor. So the neighbor put up a wooden fence just inside his property line and painted the side facing my friends bright yellow.

So, it could be worse.

Looks like you could jump the fence and take a walk, leaving all your cares and troubles behind.

SW or NW?

I've been out of Austin long enough that your pic brought back some memories....Brigid Shea, Max Nof'zinger', Bill Bunch, etc..... Then I remember the traffic:lol:

I don't have the Texas Hill Country to look at, for sure, but there aren't any Texans in my backyard either! <grin>

I see a wooden fence (my only one) with rock terracing, two pampas grass clumps, elephant ears, roses, crepe myrtles, and a two-level pond. Not hard on the eyes at all.

And yeah - you should be obnoxiously proud, James!

Arlin

SW or NW?

I've been out of Austin long enough that your pic brought back some memories....Brigid Shea, Max Nof'zinger', Bill Bunch, etc..... Then I remember the traffic:lol:

SW - out past Hamilton Pool. I live on that side, so no traffic for me.

I don't have the Texas Hill Country to look at, for sure, but there aren't any Texans in my backyard either! <grin>

I see a wooden fence (my only one) with rock terracing, two pampas grass clumps, elephant ears, roses, crepe myrtles, and a two-level pond. Not hard on the eyes at all.

And yeah - you should be obnoxiously proud, James!

Arlin

I'd like to see the pond - I assume you made it? We'll settle the Okie/Texan thing at the Cotton Bowl next year.

You have persimmon out there? That's very good from what I've heard. Cedar burns really nice in the fireplace. You could plank it and use it for salmon too.

If'n I'm real lucky, my old neighbor's young wife is washing her Mercedes in her bikini. He's close to 50, she's early 20's. She has some add on accessories along with the car.:biggrin:

I see a carport when I smoke :oops:

Do not let any cynical Bros bring down your view---It is wonderful!

TIM

Pretty much my back yard...it's really private in the summer when the trees have leaves...:p

IMG_3900.jpg

My View

Not the wild prarie, but it works

DSC01134_edited.jpg

Amazing what life is like when you move out of NY :wink:

CMC - you look like you're way out there too. Very nice - what sort of wild life you got?

Richard - not a bad set up you got there. Not bad at all.

Back