Standing Rib Roast Temp.?

If I have the time, my preferred method is to cook very slow around 245-265 till she hits 115-118 and rest 30 mins while the pit/oven gets to 475. Put the roast in to sear to the desired color, but not long enough to raise the internal temp much. Around 5 mins or so. Take her out and allow to rest another 15 minutes. Then eat eat eat!!!

I like rare BTW.

ready to devour!!!! int was 128
attachment.php

I figured this is what it would look like. You have 1-1.5" of overcooked meat since you cooked it at 500F. By the time the center got to 128 the exterior was probably 180+. And due to that temperature gradient the interior temp probably rose 15+F by the time you finished resting it. Check out the link that I posted above.

yep best bark you ever had! Slow roast is a extremly different flavor profile and although very good, in my opinion extremly hot is the way to go...This one was removed about 115*...
I have entered anything goes and strictly beef comps and both had 70 plus teams and was 5th in both..
Great bark this way and though I prefer med through out, the well down outside was simply amazing...For catering I take a 20 pound prime rib and get the back woods up to 550...put roast in, leave at for 1 hour, remove the charcoal basket (no more heat)and let roast cook till 120, remove and tent start slicing in 30 minutes...and NO ONE ever claimed the outside was overdone..as the crunchy bark was in HIGH demand, even when blackened..

Back