• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Make sure your grill brush is in good shape!

I go the other route... I put my grill grate in a garbage bag and hit it with easy off. Hose it off after a while.

Anyone use the pumice stone grill cleaners?

013703.jpg
That's what I was referring to. I bought it not long after reading a story like this.

It's weird though. It cleans the grates just fine, but defintely leaves dust everywhere. I feel like I have to wipe the grates with a EVOO soaked paper towel to clean up after it.

I actually had a bristle in my burrito from Panchero's. I was furious when I bit down on that thing and realized what it was after taking it out of my mouth. Marched right up to the counter and complained. I barely got a sorry. So I took it a step further and complained on their corporate facebook page. Again, no more than a sorry like it happens from time to time. I will never eat at Pancheros again.

I just go to the dollar store, buy some oven cleaner and a really tough sponge. Gets the job done

These are cheep and easily available. I buy them at GFS.
51iejglU-SL._SY300_.jpg

I let these do the heavy cleaning, though.
971530_662602747102298_1665836031_n.jpg

Wow, never heard of this...guess I'll find something else now too!

These are cheep and easily available. I buy them at GFS.
51iejglU-SL._SY300_.jpg

I let these do the heavy cleaning, though.
971530_662602747102298_1665836031_n.jpg

I used those steel balls to clean mine once and a piece became hung on the grill. I very stupidly pulled hard on it with my finger and wound up with a slice almost to my bone. Be careful of those too.

We're just made too wimpily. I'd like to talk to God about our design. Maybe an exoskeleton, redundant air-ways, hearts.... guess this is getting off-topic. :wacko:

I used those steel balls to clean mine once and a piece became hung on the grill. I very stupidly pulled hard on it with my finger and wound up with a slice almost to my bone. Be careful of those too.

We're just made too wimpily. I'd like to talk to God about our design. Maybe an exoskeleton, redundant air-ways, hearts.... guess this is getting off-topic. :wacko:
I thought about that before I posted. Since the ball is in my hand, I feel it snag when it does. And, in my experiance, pieces are hard to miss seeing. I've learned to start in the middle and work towards the edges to reduce snaging. Good point about how sharp the pieces are. I only use them before cooking fish, otherwise my grill is seasoned enough that things don't stick much.

Back