Roll Call. Inside 30 days. St. Louis River Rub Oct. 7th - 8th $28,000 pot (upgraded site size and location)

stan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Everyone,

Just to let you know the St. Louis River Rub is moving to a secure parking lot just south of Busch Stadium. With the change there is more space so the organizer has upgraded sites.

If you paid the $300 for a 20x20 you are upgraded to a 20x30 now. And if you paid $400 for a 20x30 you are upgraded to a 20x40. We are still trying to fill up to 60 spots. We have 33 teams and a lot of talk from 4-5 more.

You can get the information on their website to sign up and all the great pay out information! (www.stlriverrub.com) Come out and enjoy the great weather and payout at the first ever sanctioned contest in St. Louis! Don't forget to enter the calcutta for $25!

So far these are the teams signed up!

Squealers Award Winning BBQ
Bubba Joes BBQ
Goin' Hog'n
Let's Get Basted
Pigs Gone Wild BBQ *
Shake n' Bake BBQ
Rippel Q
Smokin' T's
KC Can Crew *
The Smoking Hills *
4 Smokin Butts
B&B BBQ and Catering *
A Pigs Worst Nightmare *
The Q Factor
Belly Up Barbecue *
Whiskey Women and WIBS *
Hwy 61 Roadhouse & Kitchen *
Serious Que & Pitfire Crew
Muchin Hogs' @ The Hilton *
Smokin Brothers
Pelley Envy
TheSlabs.com *
Blues Hog Barbecue Company
Boss Hawg BBQ
Souther Home Boyz
McFrankenboo BBQ
Pork Pistols BBQ
Fat Side Down
Buffalo's BBQ
Blazin' Blues *
The Mascoutah Smokemasters
TrueQue
Smelly Butts BBQ

*denotes those teams in the calcuta

It's on our list. Just need to send in the check. Now, if the organizer can work on getting the Cardinals into the playoffs and have a homegame scheduled Saturday night, that would be even better! :wink::becky: Go Redbirds!!!

I continue to hear more teams saying they are planning on attending! I hope we see more teams sign up! Great list of teams!

If the Cards keep playing well they could be home that weekend right next to where we are! Octoberfest is that weekend in Soulard and the Blues play at home that Saturday nite. A lot going that wekend!

We have added 11 more teams to the mix. We are up to 44 teams. Rumor has it that the God Father of BBQ himself maybe competing! Check back to see if it is true!

RoadKillBBQ
Outlaw Hawgs BBQ
Baby Got Back BBQ
Big Log BBQ
Renaissauce Cowboy *
D2 BBQ
Zou Crew BBQ *
Q Live Crew
Missouri Shark Fisherman's Club
Grilla Maniacs
Nickle Boys BBQ

Uhhh...so now that the Cardinals are in... Game 5 (if necessary) is scheduled for Friday night. I can't imagine they aren't going to want their parking lot!!!

Nevermind...Duh, that 5th game would be back in Philly, not in St. Louis.

Last edited:
talked to kurt on wed johnney trig is in now in for this year --- and next year jimmey buffet at the main stage for next year :clap2:

Uhhh...so now that the Cardinals are in... Game 5 (if necessary) is scheduled for Friday night. I can't imagine they aren't going to want their parking lot!!!

Nevermind...Duh, that 5th game would be back in Philly, not in St. Louis.

it wouldnt have mattered the parking lot is ours.

I judged this event and we were all assembling when the KCBS rep got the call that the organizer didn't have the cash! Then they couldn't find the organizer anywhere before the judging began. How much of the $28,000 did they not have? Did the organizer ever show up again??:shocked:

Herd he was 9k short. And really pissed everybody off that was there. I think there's lot more to this story. Hopefully it will come out.

That still would be a really nice payout, especially for a first year event! I understand the frustration. I hope this story has a happy ending with everybody understanding what really happened. BBQ is about having fun and competing to beat the next guy, there didn't seem to be much of that a couple hours before turn in.

Back