MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Capn Kev
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Entry Box Warmers

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before, but where do you find the entry box warmers that I see a lot of teams using? ...the ones that keep the foam entry boxes warm during transport to the turn-in area?

Thanks in advance!

Cap'n Kev
Capn Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Woodreaux BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

i use a warming bag similar to what the pizza service use. The last competition with the weather in the 40's the judge opened all the lids to the entries and laid it on the table waiting for the table judge to pick it up. what a waste on keeping the entry warm.
Woodreaux BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

There was actually a thread on this within the past week with some links posted. Some ppl use the Keep things cold shopping bags you can get at most warehouse / grocery stores. Some people use Pizza bags. After looking for decent stuff, this is the one I would get when I get one...http://www.ultimatepizzabag.com/pizza_bags.htm - PBV2/14B

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

If you have someone who can sew, they aren't hard to make. My favorites are from the Amazin' Blazin' contest a few years back and Trish Trigg made some for Christmas a couple of years ago. Need a small 1/4" plywood piece and two 1/2" dowls for handles. be glad to send dimensions.
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Exe-que-tioner
On the road to being a farker

We use one of those insulated covers that come with the "Pyrex" transportable (9"x13") casserole dishes. Works great!!
[I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][COLOR=darkred][COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=darkslateblue][COLOR=black][B][COLOR=sienna]*[I]"STOKER" POWERED BACKWOODS CLONE*[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Exe-que-tioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

How about one of these
http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.38525683
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
MilitantSquatter

I have one from Thermal Bags by Ingrid (inventor and patent holder of the insulated bag).

http://www.thermalbags.com/pizza.htm

Used it at my first contest, and now it's sits in my closet unused for several years.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodreaux BBQ View Post
i use a warming bag similar to what the pizza service use. The last competition with the weather in the 40's the judge opened all the lids to the entries and laid it on the table waiting for the table judge to pick it up. what a waste on keeping the entry warm.
I would have screamed to high heaven! Neither the Reps nor the turn-in judges are not allowed to open ANY of the boxes. From the 'KCBS Contest Representive Advisories"
<B>6.25 Subject: Reps Opening Boxes
Question: Can a Rep or volunteer view a box before judging?
</B>
Opinion: A volunteer or a rep is not allowed at any time to open a cooker’s entry box unless directed by that cook. It can only be opened at the judge’s table for appearance and passing out of samples. The only time it can be opened by a rep is if it is to correct an error.
February 17, 2006

Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Swinebuck
On the road to being a farker

We also use the bag from the "Pyrex" transportable (9"x13") casserole dish. They have a incert in the bottom you can heat in the mirowave. It keeps the box warm durring transport. The dish works great to transport regular food when not at a competition.
Thanks
Mike
http://www.toosaucedtopork.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Too-Sa...5995846?ref=mf
Swinebuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
Capn Kev
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and bought the Anchor Hocking version of the 9x13 portable pan with insulated carrier.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinebuck View Post
We also use the bag from the "Pyrex" transportable (9"x13") casserole dish. They have a incert in the bottom you can heat in the mirowave. It keeps the box warm durring transport. The dish works great to transport regular food when not at a competition.
Thanks
Mike
Didn't think that was legal according to KCBS rules. Wouldn't the heat source have to be charcoal or wood? Not trying to start an argument, real question.

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

I agree with dan in theory, but I would think that you could pour hot water over it. I only say that because of the reports of ppl pouring hot water in a cooler or Cambro to warm it up. What's the difference here?

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
Capn Kev
is one Smokin' Farker

Good question. I had not thought about that. I'll have to ask my KCBS rep.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #14
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Thank goodness this was not a picture of Brian's thong.
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

Phew, can we just get to contest season?.....lol, it is usually about this time that we split hairs on rules.......when in doubt, ask, or suffer the consequences.....
But, with that said, I just use the premade ones like Trish had made in the past....works well, but, unless it is a huge contest, with a ton of walking involved, I dont bother....or, cold outside.......very very cold
Cleveland, Ohio

Jambo (J-3) Black on Black-with Hot Rod Flames
FEC w/ IQ4
U2CANQUE is offline   Reply With Quote