Cook ribs aready cut up

wagge

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I offered to smoke some ribs for a friend and told him just pick up some spare ribs at HEB. He shows up with cut up ribs and told me he normally grills his and did not really understand when I told him to pick up a couple of racks. :doh:
So, I was thinking of putting these in a shallow pan and smoke for an hour cover and finish in a couple of more. I do not want to lay them across the rack as this might dry them out before they are tender. Any thoughts from the brethren.

I might mop these too

If it where me I'd educate him run down to Butzmart and P/u a rack or two call your amigo and have him come over and enjoy the process. Grill the the ones he brought over for beer snackage

I would treat them like CSRs... hot and fast until they start to pull back and then finish the last few minutes with your sauce of choice.

Educate him on his meat selecting, but please don't boil them ribs!!

You could arrange the ribs together on a baking sheet in the form of a rack, (one after another) and smoke until tender. I would think they'd stay pretty moist and cook properly touching one another. I've done it with country ribs with success.

BBQ Pit Boys Mountain Spare Ribs

Mr jsperk,

I have done that BBQ Pit Boys recipe a couple of times and it works pretty good.

DSC00703.jpg

You can find my cook here:

http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/search/label/Mountain Spare Ribs / Char-Broil 940X

Back