MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #181
Chrome Dome
On the road to being a farker

I'm in! Can't go wrong with the blessing of seasoned Brethren!

Just shared on my FB page, too.

Lang 84" Deluxe with Chargrill; Custom Lang 36" Deluxe; BGE

[url]www.fireduptohelp.org[/url]

Last edited by Chrome Dome; 02-01-2014 at 10:19 PM..

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #182
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Dome View Post
I'm in! Can't go wrong with the blessing of seasoned Brethren!
Thank you Mr. Dome!!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #183
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Sorry to have been absent most of the day, but I'm still feeling like I got kicked in the boys by an elephant. Once again I have to give a huge thank you to all the Brethren (and non-Brethren supporters of Bigmista and Mrs Mista).

Just checked on the status of their Kickstarter project before going back into a pain-killer induced sleep ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...out?ref=search ) and found that they have acquired a $750 pledge which means that there will be a Sammich named after someone. So far there have only been 4 new backer, but almost 1k pledged. Hoping for more to report with my morning update.

And as Diesel Dave alluded to, there is something exciting in the works, so "y'all come back now, ya hear"...

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #184
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Its Sunday, giving time!

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help Big Mista BBQ, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

As Big Mista would say..
Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Time for that burnt offering sacrifice pleasing to the Lord to come forth Brethren!
Thanks to all who have done just that to make Phillis & Neil's dream come true.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

I smell smoke!

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:55 AM   #185
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks everyone who's made a pledge to help our Brother out, looks like we've gone up $!,000 since yesterday!!!!!!!!

Thanks Silverfinger for that post, sometimes we all need to be reminded that by giving we receive the greatest blessings in return!

OK now I've decided that for the drawing for those that pledge or up their pledge this month will be for 4 rubs, their choice, from Simply Marvelous or BPS!
These will be in the 16oz container size so lets keep this going!!!!!

Hit the link in my sig to help Bigmista get his dream

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #186
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

update: as of 2/2/14 at 3:48am PST the project has 85 backers with $8,712 pledged, and 19 days to go... the past 24hrs = 4 new backers, with $975 pledged. Now this project needs an average of $1,120.43/day for the next 19 days

Thank you so much Ray for expressing the reason why so many of us are rallying around Bigmista and Mrs Mista. We recognize their qualities, and know that helping them to reach their goal, will ultimately benefit many others. They have always given of themselves, to help any who need it, and although those recipients might not be able to financially show their appreciation, we can do so on their behalf.

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others" - Philippians 2: 1-4

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Old 02-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #187
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
OK now I've decided that for the drawing for those that pledge or up their pledge this month will be for 4 rubs, their choice, from Simply Marvelous or BPS!
These will be in the 16oz container size so lets keep this going!!!!!

Hit the link in my sig to help Bigmista get his dream

WOWSERS... 4 rubs, that is Huuuuuuuuuggggggeeeeeeeeeeee (fyi: I can't stand Paris Hilton)

C'mon everyone, we still have 19 days to make Bigmista/Mrs Mista's dream a reality

Old 02-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #188
floydo
Full Fledged Farker

ring the bell one more time.

I'm in.

of course, if I ever get to LA, I'll want a big hug.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #189
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydo View Post
ring the bell one more time.

I'm in.

of course, if I ever get to LA, I'll want a big hug.
If you ever get to MI then Dave will give you a hug, and if you ever get to TX then run far far far away from Peeps as his idea of a hug is considered illegal in 14 Countries

Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #190
njfoses
On the road to being a farker

Just donated. Awesome project, and I can always use another t-shirt

Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #191
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
If you ever get to MI then Dave will give you a hug, and if you ever get to TX then run far far far away from Peeps as his idea of a hug is considered illegal in 14 Countries
It's only those observing my hugs that get an icky feeling...those experiencing them are pleasantly aroused and leave wanting more peeps
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #192
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
It's only those observing my hugs that get an icky feeling...those experiencing them are pleasantly aroused and leave wanting more peeps
I believe that is the 2014 Campaign slogan for the Texas visitors bureau

Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #193
floydo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
peeps's avatar photo does scare me ......I must say.
a swing musician ?

Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #194
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydo View Post
peeps's avatar photo does scare me ......I must say.
a swing musician ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post

Old 02-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #195
floydo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
that post led me to the woodpile...where all has been revealed.

Closed Thread