Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I am not a member of KCBS

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Did you vote in the 2008 KCBS election. If you did, why did you vote. If you did not vote, why not?

We had almost 25% of the members vote. The election company says anything above 15% is good. We exceeded many of the primary election rates for president of the United States.

Merl

Yes I voted.
I payed my dues and got reregistered to vote for some new blood on the KCBS BOD's.
Im not trying to slight any of the present directors, just would love to see some different ideas brought to the forefront.
Guess im totally frustrated with the way things have been in the past.
Ive been a member of KCBS since the year 2000.

Yes I voted. I always have said you can't complain if you didn't vote. So now I have the right to voice my thoughts.

I voted...

Reason : wanted to elect members I believed would have the best interests of the avg. member at heart.

Only one of my four choices were elected.

Last edited:
I voted based on:
1) their thoughts in the Bullsheet
2) who I've had discussions with and thought would lead us well
3) who I wanted to see make quality decisions for this organization

Two of the four I voted for are now on the board, two are not.

2 of mine got on the board as well. And I think there should have been another choice... who voted for a full slate of four?

I did not vote. Never got an email, signed onto the KCBS page on 2 occasions and asked for an email to be sent. It said one was sent both times. Never got it and frankly I gave up trying.

Maybe others had the same problem? Just my 2 cents.

I voted.

I based my vote solely on who's living room I've slept in.

I voted for 4 people and tried to select folks I thought would be good for the organization and maybe bring some new blood and new ideas to the organization. Seems I ended up like many - 2 of my 4 made it. I also voted because "you can't bitch if you don't vote".

I wonder how many folks had a problem like Dan. I read of a couple of others not getting their voting email. Hopefully, his was just a one off issue.

I voted because I'm new to the KCBS. I suspect it takes years for enthusiasm to be displaced by apathy.

Poob, let's get some Vote Phil '09 t-shirts printed up. I'll wear mine to every competition I attend this year.

I voted..and I sent emails to all the last summer CBJ class graduates (we hosted)...encouraging them to do so as well, I think if they got more involved (beyond joining to keep a valid CBJ #) you could bump that number to closer to 40%

I voted for 4 people and tried to select folks I thought would be good for the organization and maybe bring some new blood and new ideas to the organization. Seems I ended up like many - 2 of my 4 made it. I also voted because "you can't bitch if you don't vote".

I wonder how many folks had a problem like Dan. I read of a couple of others not getting their voting email. Hopefully, his was just a one off issue.

I did have a problem
but they fixed the problem for me

Last edited:
I voted because I think it is the right thing to do. I also never miss general election here at home. I would bet that the majority of people here and in attendance at the dinner also voted, because, folks that are involved ,generally participate.

You will always have a large percentage of any group as non participants. They will join and do nothing, either because of available time, lack of experience and or motivation. They will hang around and wait for someone else to get it done. It is the same thing in hunting clubs, PTA, or social groups; it is always up to "somebody" to get it done. Do me a favor, if you know who “somebody” is, send me his phone numbers, I have a few tree stands on our hunting lease that need to be repaired before next season.

Unfortunately, that’s the way it is, 10% of the membership does 90% of the work. The percentage of voters in the election, in my opinion, is about what you can expect from a group this size, it may even be slightly above average. I am a new guy here, but I think the bottom line is, forums like this and others, are a great place to vent and suggest ideas for change. I would bet that the board members and decision makers also read these forums, whether they post or not, they are reading.

I also think you are doing the right thing by letting the leaders hear your concerns anytime you can, e mail, letter, phone or in person. You have to let them know what you think, without your input, they can always say, “I haven’t heard that concern before.” Now, I am not advocating an e-mail bombardment of the board, I am merely saying, let your voices be heard. The two things I have learned in my years as a contract negotiator for our labor group with the County Government,
#1- the squeaky wheel gets the oil
#2- progress is a slow process.

Sorry Phil Phil in 09 this is the second year I thought this and said nothing but for the record. I voted once and only once and for only one candidate. My reason is two fold first I know Phil and he is the kind of leader that KCBS must have to keep a level head and remember where we come from (others may be as good but I Know Phil) second if two people vote one for Phil and one for otherperson and the other votes or otherperson and anotheranother person Phil is down one vote. Phil you got my vote and unless something very strange happens you will get my vote next year. From other post it is already apparent we need your leadership. Thanks for the Brethren and God Speed next year.

Back