Jonny Rotisserie's book launches today!

Jonny Rotisserie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Fellow Brethren,

Ever wonder what I've been up to between posting entries like Rotisserie Rice Krispy Treats and Rotisserie Wedding Cake in the Throwdown section? OK, probably not, but you may still have some fun by checking out my new book, one section of which relates directly to the world of BBQ.

"Vacation Boy: Does This Count as a Career?" is a collection of true stories I have been writing over the last 20 years about my travel and work in 34 different countries. In it, there's the story of Auspit's quirky launch in North America (pretty funny story) and the combined story of my first ever BBQ competition and my attempt at competing in the Royal with KnucklHed BBQ (even funnier story, definitely worth reading). Hint: the title of that chapter is "My Butt's on Fire!" Your money back if you don't get some good laughs out of this one (at my expense).

Details of the book can be found at http://www.VacationBoyStories.com.

It's going on sale TODAY Wednesday April 17th at 2pm EST, 11am PST. To start, it will only be available as an e-book on Amazon.com, and it will set back anyone who purchases it a whole two bucks (at the temporary launch price), but would mean the world to me if you pick up a copy. It can be read on any Kindle, computer, iPad, iPhone or Android.

Thanks for your support!

--Jonny Rotisserie, a.k.a. "Vacation Boy"

PS On the book's webpage you will see a section dedicated to BBQ Disasters (inspired by the above mentioned chapter). Please post any good stories you have!

Vacation-Boy-cover-final-sm.jpg

Move to general for sale trade?

PS, LOOKS GOOD!!!

Absolutely not! We've had book promotions in Q-talk in the past. This is a book about us Brethren and has general interest. I'm told there is even a chapter about the Brethren Throwdowns that I'm dying to read, along with the one about Jon and Ryan competing with the auspit. I read Ryan's account and remember laughing 'til my sides ached. Imagine competing at a BBQ competition (and a BIG one at that) with basically a campfire and food on a stick, and doing well! :shock: I can't wait to order this. It's about us.

Absolutely not! We've had book promotions in Q-talk in the past. This is a book about us Brethren and has general interest. I'm told there is even a chapter about the Brethren Throwdowns that I'm dying to read, along with the one about Jon and Ryan competing with the auspit. I read Ryan's account and remember laughing 'til my sides ached. Imagine competing at a BBQ competition, and a BIG one with basically a campfire and food on a stick, and doing well! :shock: I can't wait to order this. It's about us.

Um...you got a point there...:icon_blush:

So, two bucks, eh? Hmmmm... am I in the book?

CD :becky:

Fount it [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vacation-Boy-Count-Career-ebook/dp/B00CCQT8OO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366215705&sr=8-1&keywords=vacation+boy"]HERE[/ame]!

Looks good. And pretty affordable too!
Congrats JR!

i'm dumb with this stuff, i don't have a kindle. ipad. can i still access?

Go [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000426311"]HERE[/ame] and you can download an "app" that will let you put Ebooks on your PC and read them there. I just downloaded it for free and it works great!

Guys, thanks so much for the support!

One quick bit of clarification: It's not a tell-all book about the Brethren (maybe the next one should be!--there's PLENTY of material for one).

My one story that prominently features BBQ talks about the Royal and my less-than-stellar performance at my first competition, but it only mentions one Brethren by name (Ryan a.k.a KnuckleHed_BBQ). The potluck mentioned was the Grand Poobah's Brethren potluck party, though not specifically named as such.

Back