MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh
Default Tri-Tip on the Weber (pics)

My wife's cousins are up on the mountain visiting this week. They surprised my with a couple of tri-tips. (very nice of them) So tonight after work was the right time to cook them up. A little olive oil and Montreal and on they went.

Given the time and the quantity of meat. I decided to go with the kettle again.

Used my mesquite lump and some hickory chunks again tonight. That is my favorite combination. Set it up indirect as usual. Served with a side of rice pilaf, and the cousin cooked up some onions and mushrooms to throw on top.

trit1.jpg

trit2.jpg

trit3.jpg

trit4.jpg

trit5.jpg

Given the crowd, and their generosity I cooked it more than I usually would . But the flavor was as good as ever and we had a great family gathering.

24"x52" Custom Offset, Black 22" Weber Kettle , Deep Ocean Blue 22' Weber Kettle, Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. Char-Broil Table Top gas Grill, One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.
Instagram @lumberjacksmokestack
[url]https://www.youtube.com/c/LumberjackSmokestack[/url]
Smoke on Badger Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #2
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks mighty fine. Nothing wrong with cooking to your audience

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looks pretty dang good to me

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
hickory, kettle, lump, Mesquite, montreal, Tri Tip, Tri-Tip, tritip, Weber