Sunday Morning Breakfast...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Made this recipe I saw on the Hillbilly Recipe Facebook page - pretty tasty!
They called it Comfort Bake... I called it yummy... and EASY
I used breakfast sausage. Next time I will use a naked fatty.... a little smoke will only make this better. I may add another egg or two... and more cheese of course! Big Al and his dad gave it 4 thumbs up - both went back for seconds.

5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
16 oz refrigerated breakfast biscuits (I used the Pillsbury flakey kind)
4 scallions (green onions, spring onions, whatever you prefer to call them)
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
If you’re into the meats – cooked center cut bacon or cooked sausage
11×17 pan, sprayed with cooking spray (Note: I think a 9×13 works better, but might need to bake a little longer)
Mix your eggs and milk in a large bowl.
Cut each biscuit into fours and add it to the bowl.
Cut up your scallions, shred your cheese, cook and break up your bacon (or sausage). Add everything to the bowl.
Mix it all up and pour into your pan.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
IMG_0637.jpg

Then I had a piece of Shoo Fly Pie my in-laws brought home.
IMG_0638.jpg

Coma time...

Very nice Lynn Shoo fly for breakfast outstanding O lukded out My wonderful wife cooked up some scrapple, fried eggs and toast Was very happy

Oh man - you and Big George are killin me! I grew up in Lancaster, PA and it's been about 10 years since I've has good scrapple and shoo fly pie. Hopefully I'll get back home soon some time.

You've inspired me - so I just thew in 4 scrambled eggs, about 1/3lb of defrosted pepper scotch ale beef, a couple broken up kings hawaiian roles into a small casserole dish! (cheese will go on top after about 20 mins in the oven at 350).

I need some comfort food after the Stillers loss!

That looks good, the biscuits are added raw?
Yep - you mix the eggs and milk, then cut up the raw biscuits and mix them in. I put them in to soak while I cooked the sausage.

I was also thinking some mushrooms would be good in this dish...

That looks real good, gotta make that soon.
The shoo fly pie looks great, I always get one when I'm back home. I still have a couple slices in the freezer (food saver wrapped) Scrapple is always bought back too.

That egg dish looks great! Those are always great holiday brunch items around here. Will put it on the list. Thanks!

Any chance you can share the Shoo Fly pie recipe??? :icon_smile_tongue:

Great looking breakfast LM, I could use that during deer season to feed the crowd. Thanks for the recipe!

Any chance you can share the Shoo Fly pie recipe??? :icon_smile_tongue:

Happy to!

Send you mother in law to Lancaster County Pa to the Shady Mapele Resturant.
Have her buy a pie.
Have her return it to your house
Slice a big piece of pie
Eat pie

Easy, easy, easy..

Back