after brining

T

t-bone49

Ready to give the clay pot smoker it's first run. Recipe says to brine pork 12 hours then begin smoking. Unfortunately my time schedule wont let me begin smoking right away after meat has soaked in brine. Can the meat sit wrapped up for another 12 hours or so after coming out of the brine?
Thanks
Tom
Oh yeah almost forgot. What's best way to heat Q up if not served the same day?

Tom,

I've never brined pork. I've brined turkey before but I never let it stay in there more than one night so I don't know if it'll hurt it or not. My first thought is the cells in the meat are only going to soak up just so much moisture so an extended time shouldn't hurt it but you need to check with the experts on here.

As far as heating things back up, put the Q back in a pan with a little water and vinegar in the bottom and cover with foil. Heat on 225 and check it every 30 minutes or so. Can't give you an exact time because it will depend on if it's just been refridgerated or frozen, big chunks or already pulled, this will make a difference.

Are you making pulled pork here, T-bone? If so, to reheat, put the meat in a large zip-loc bag or two and throw 'em in hot water for a while. They lose no moisture unless the bag opens.

I've never brined so I can't help ya there.

Good luck.

Back